1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

"Be nice..." reduce delay & Modding Info ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Armitage1982, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Armitage1982

Armitage1982 Shark Slayer

In the search of a solution about the wrong gamemode being loaded on dedicated server (wish you may find here https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/server-will-not-run-anything-other-than-challenge.22567/ )
    I clean my KAG-Gold Beta folder and install a fesh new one.

I discover a few changes here and there but most notably I got a "Be nice to each other and read books" message, coming from the new Juxta.dll, on screen for about 8 seconds.

It's maybe not too annoying when playing (and again...) but when you try modding your own stuff and test it's getting very annoying.

Is there a way to turn off this message or reduce the wait ?
    Cause on my old Beta config the message only last 1 sec max.

[EDIT] Ok I found it - https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/modding-resources.16816/ I must be tired :oops:

Kag won't probably get the solo game mode i'm waiting for so I told myself that it might be a good idea to do it myself. I know there's a blog post about single player stuff but since nothing is coming...

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
    AmestriStephen likes this.
  2. Armitage1982

Armitage1982 Shark Slayer

[EDIT] - OK, to Fix it :
    1. First you need to be superadmin (see seclevs.cfg)
    2. Then you need to activate sv_test by typing /rcon /sv_test 1 inside the console (to bring the console press the "Home" Button, for young folks Home button doesn't mean the Windows Button 25252525 It's funny but I read that confusion everyone)
    3. After that !bunny command as well as any others commands will work inside the Chat Window.
    Hope this help ::):

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  3. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

It's actually a loading screen.

4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

As Asumagic says, the message is shown while loading - particularly while hashing files. If you have a crazy number of mods with heaps of files, it'll be on screen for longer.