1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Best and worst FPS game you've ever played?

Discussion in 'Other games' started by AJ, Jan 2, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

My Best: Section 8 Prejudice,Its awsome im still playing it and thank God TotalBiscuit brought it back to life.(And you get a fucking jet pack)

My Worst: I will be killed but CoD, I hate it i just do,its repetitive and no complexity.

2. masonmistel

masonmistel Comma King Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Well duh, everyone's is going to be CoD. Pick something else!

My best: The old Doom and Quake games.
    My worst: BF3...

Damn you CoD and BF!

3. trelawney

trelawney KAG Guard Tester

I've played a lot of the very first FPS games (Wolvenstein, Doom, Ken's Labyrinth etc) but ultimately got bored and missed mostly everything post-Quake.

Shining exceptions: Metroid Prime (2002, Gamecube) , TF2 (2007, PC), Borderlands (2010, PC)

Outright boring: S.T.A.L.K.E.R series , arena dm shooters e.g. Cube , Sauerbraten, Warsaw etc

AJ likes this.
  4. timeismoney25

timeismoney25 Shopkeep Stealer

Best: Darkest Hour: Europe 44-45 (Red Orchestra Ostfront 41-45 mod)
    Worst: Timeshift

5. Best: Portal 2
    Worst: First Modern Warfare

6. dylanduran

dylanduran A Most Extraordinary Gentleman Donator

Best: Section 8 Prejudice (there's people actually online now after TB!)
    Worst: MW3, sorry but it is incredibly boring and, unfortunately, most people play not for the experience, but to get the best prestiege, at which point they'll leave it alone. Shame really.

AJ and timeismoney25 like this.
  7. masonmistel

. Joking, you may have came up with this, but this is exactly what he said!

Nice! Stealing TB's logic
    Are you talking about Timesplitters? That game is awesome. But I'm pretty sure we arn't talking about the same thing.:p

8. AJ

TimeShift.I played it too its not the worst but its not that great.

9. Actually, Timeshift is pretty good. Few years ago, when this was a new game and was famous for playing with time I spent a lot of time in multiplayer demo and I really enjoyed it.

10. Zegovia

Zegovia Shark Slayer

My best ever played fps? must have been quake 2 and goldeneye, good times... also Turok dinosaur hunter and painkiller...
    Also i barley took notice that the metroid prime games where fps to begin with.

Worst? Mace griffin bounty hunter. The standard assault rifle has such a ear piercering grinding sound i could barley play it for long sessions...

11. AJ

Turok was awsome.

12. trelawney

trelawney KAG Guard Tester

Metroid games, in general, can be either 2d or 3d, Metroid Prime in particular, is a 3D FPS (or as nintendo put it : First-Person Adventure ;p) Recommended, A++, ***** etc.

13. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

The Best: Modern Warfares. People just hate on it because it's popular and they're trying to be hipsters. While it's not like Starcraft or anything it's definitely as complex if not more than the other FPSes posted here.

Timesplitters and Unreal Tournament also make the list. Borderlands is a truckload of fun but I think it's more an RPG with FPS elements.

xDragon likes this.
  14. masonmistel

Funny because that is the only CoD series I dislike. I love all of the Treyarch games.The MWs ruined it for me.

15. timeismoney25

timeismoney25 Shopkeep Stealer

I don't really play much FPS games so I couldn't think of a better "Worst" then Timeshift. It's ok, I just wish you could use your time powers a little longer. It would have been fun if after you beat the game you get cheats. :(
    Also, it's not that CoD is bad, it just doesn't deserve the hype it gets. All the games are pretty much the same with different maps and guns. They make millions and take attention away from new and innovative FPS games. It's a monopoly basically. I do enjoy a game of CoD from time to time,(Not Black Ops. I just really hate that game for some reason.) I won't deny it, but it gets repetative for me.(Cue fanboy rage ;) )

AJ likes this.
  16. WanderMark

WanderMark :) Donator

Far Cry, hands down. To me Far Cry is a blueprint on how developers should handle a FPS. When it was released there was nothing quite like it. The graphics and the AI are both superb. They both work today. The gunplay feels good and not spammy, there's some weight, impact behind every shot.

The amount of freedom you have approaching every single obstacle in that game is amazing. It gives you free rein while maintaining a cinematic feeling to it. Great game.

BeasterDenBeast and AJ like this.
  17. DarkDain

DarkDain Shopkeep Stealer

I dont really remember the name of either one.. The worst one was one of those 'free' p2w mmo shooters, with gun and gear shops were you rent guns. The gun they started you with was truly awful at all ranges, your best bet was to pick up someone elses gun. (it wasnt Gunz)

The fps i really miss right now that was so awesome and under appreciated, i dont remember the name :( It was Magic vs Technology FPS/rpg, you leveled characters and picked stats. Each side had 4 classes that were basically a magic/tech version of the same thing, the stealth/sniper, the heavy guns/tank, the support/healer, and the... the other one ! So it was like wizards, warriors, assassins and monks VS commandos and engineers and cyborgs and androids. Each class had 3 different weapons and 3 different abilities but required certain stats, any class could be played in a dozen different ways, skills requiring a certain amount of Int to access, str for big weapons and also how much ammo you had and melee damage. Agility for speed and jumping and dodge chance, dex for accuracy/crits and certain weapons. Good times :(

Aha i found it! it was called Purge from 2002. sad :(

18. potatomcwhiskey

potatomcwhiskey Undercover Griefer Donator Tester

Planetside. For both. Anyone who has played Planetside understands what it feels like to load up 80 people into drop ships and get anhialated by Anti-air about a mile away from the base you were targeting, jumping out of the transport and landing in a field of turrets. And they also understand how that exact same scenario went except the Command Rank 5 dropped an orbital strike as he fell and cleared out the turret field.

Or sitting on the top floor of a tower spamming plasma grenades onto the lower floors while your team-mates surge into a veritable wall of bullets down below.

Or just trying to snipe someone in a Max suit at all ever.

God I love that game.
    God I hate that game.

19. Zegovia

Zegovia Shark Slayer

What i meant was that i was having to much of a damn good time playing the metroid prime games i didnt care/notice that i was actually playing a first person shooter. :D

trelawney likes this.
  20. Maverick

Maverick Haxor

Best: Counterstrike ;P Such a classic, even now it's very popular. (The old version 1.6)
    Worst: Call of Duty (ds version).
    I played this on my cousin's DS sometime...
    WHY WOULD YOU MAKE THIS?!??! Outrageously horrible. Controls suck, graphics suck and it gives me a headache.

Mods: BlueLuigi