1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

CTF Biurza_Rule_Lawyering [ACCEPTED]

Discussion in 'Accepted Maps' started by Biurza, May 17, 2019.

1. Biurza

Biurza E X T R A T H I C C Staff Alumni Donator
    1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

Map name: Biurza_Rule_Lawyering
    Symmetrical: Except for the tree in the middle. It favors the red team.
    Special features: Almost preset treefarm, u just gotta but saw and you're good to go.
    Map: Biurza_Rule_Lawyering.png
    Biurza_Rule_lawyering.jpg

Ferrezinhre likes this.
  2. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

The resource spread is abit iffy. The random chunks of bedrock serve no purpose(except maybe for rats to hide under). Id also question the way you bedrocked off the lakes because the bedrock blocks can also be impenetrable walls and hella annoying to go around.

3. Biurza

1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

Actually the bedrock wall was exactly for tunneling from one base to another to not be an option. It's unfun to end the games that way imo and considering that the map is relatively narrow, I don't think it should ever be used.

I suppose you might be right about resource placement. It's my first CTF map so I really just tried to get resource spread to be intuitive and to be roughly in same amounts as other maps of the same size.

Not sure why would bedrock chunks be a problem. Honestly if a rat prefers to dig down for whatever reason (And not dig up to cap flags) then I'm up to allow them to hide under that chunk haha.

4. PUNK123

The thing about bedrock placement is imagine the map after 45 minutes of rough gameplay. If it deteriorates down to that bedrock will it make the gameplay better or worse? A smoother blocking to rats would be easier on the people who happened to end up on stalemates.

5. Biurza

1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

I suppose you are right. Especially if I imagine the place would get dried out with sponges, the wall might be impenetrable.

Bunnie is going to edit the map either way, so I suppose there's no point in my adjustments, since he'll be able to pull it off better anyways. Thanks for tips though.

6. Ni

Ni Battle Angel Global Moderator Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Active Forum Users

Accepted- The mapping team has decided to accept this map.

7. PUNK123

So the bedrock placement is fine? Why is that not an issue for your map mods?

8. Ni

Ni Battle Angel Global Moderator Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Active Forum Users

I'll bring it up.

9. Biurza

1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

@bunnie iirc you've done fix for the map bunnie, could you post it here please? I think I remember that I liked your verse

bunnie likes this.
  10. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

11. Biurza

1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

Eh, what's with the mood swings again for fucks sake. Very well then.

I'm fine with any changes Map council decides to be appropriate tbh.

bunnie and Ni like this.