1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Blocked when Server Crashed

Discussion in 'General Help' started by MooTheDevourer, Mar 30, 2012.

1. MooTheDevourer

MooTheDevourer Shipwright

Well basically I was playing on the only zombie server I have good ping in (30-66) so I'm not laggy at all, then it started freezing up and it told be i got kicked from suspicion of hacks or too low ping, now I'm blocked on that server, was wondering if there was a way to fix this? Oh, and the server was [AOE] Argh Monsters

2. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I think this is related to a bug I just started talking to MM and Geti about, however zombies are not complete/actually released yet so bugs are to be expected.

It used to be that bans would be cleared when the server restarted (I think), but I know major improvements were made to the ban system. I'll ask Geti to look at this thread and comment.

3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

There's an autoban for 72mins when "suspected of hacking". I've reduced it to 10mins for next version, if someone's actually caught hacking they can be booted manually.

Bans are very much not cleared when a server restarts any more fwiw. You can reload the blacklist at runtime with /reloadsecurity

4. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Additionally MM/Geti might have a bug or less than ideal logic in the hack detection they'll try and improve

5. MooTheDevourer

MooTheDevourer Shipwright

Thanks guys, it timed out, I'm all good now