1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Blue Screen Every time I try to play.

Discussion in 'General Help' started by TheSyv, Sep 7, 2011.

1. TheSyv

TheSyv Shipwright

2. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

Too many, too many...
    Pls post your hardware specs and your operating system first. Also next time the blue screen occurs write down what it says or take a photo of it.

Also I would like you to download Speccy, extract it, execute it and click on "File"-->"Publish Snapshot. Copy the given URL into your post.

3. TheSyv

TheSyv Shipwright

4. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Omg blue screen of death!
    Have you overclocked (dunno the exact word in english) your processor? Because I had once, and it caused some games to crash and make blue screen of death in the start. Other than that, I really don't have any idea.

5. darDar

darDar KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester

your system is quite eh... lets say damaged ..
    can be hardware or software causing this blue screen. If it is not your hardware it will be a fatal error in your windows.

try to follow the steps the bluescreen tells you to do

6. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Isn't it RAM problem? As in fried?

7. darDar

darDar KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester

can be any hardware or software problem.
    mostly harware. can be the floppy , graphic chip, ram.
    also this bluescreen appears if you really crashed your oS.

8. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

It happens the same to meh! here my specs, my crappy small laptop:
    http://speccy.piriform.com/results/IsDCJMmnlT1feqvwBEJwisK
    the same, i can play 4-5 minutes, then the blue screen appears and the laptop resets.
    I think it just happens online and don´t know why. This i guess is because of the graphics, fonts or sth like that, as in other 2d games happened to me, but with a different computer. Maybe the conection to the servers...
    (hey Monsteri, here :x from soldat)
    It´s really annoying.

9. TheSyv

TheSyv Shipwright

KAG is the only thing that does it and It didn't start doing it till like a week after i was playing it.
    I haven't overclocked anything.
    it could be a problem with my ram, because corsair is terrible company, I bought 8 gb of ram for it and 2 of the sticks fried like 6 days after having the comp and the other 2 sticks are in the same batch. But if it was the ram then More then just KAG would be having problems, and KAG is the only program it blue screens on.
    AND same as 8x It only happens when I am online, if I play the single player challenge stuff it runs perfectly.

10. illu

@8x: Your Acer One is not capable of running KAG. That's the simple reason imo. You're mainboard chipset is "945GSE (Calistoga)" which has the very low-end "Integrated GMA 950" graphics core. I think there is not much we can do about this.
    Also your Intel Atom N270 processor is already at 53°C though it's idle only. Maybe run Core Temp after you played 4-5 min to find out how high your temperature is when your processor is at work.

I could simply suggest you to do the following but I guess to play KAG you need to use a more performant computer:
    - run Memtest86+ to make sure your RAM has no problems
    - scan your hard disc drive for errors
    - reset your BIOS (if possible)
    Edit:
    - play around with KAG's settings (lower the resolution, try windowed mode, try "Less Effects" option)

11. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Thanks Illu

12. illu

@TheSyv: Just noticed that you've posted the Speccy-report in your first post.

- You're running many unnecessary processes. End all of the following processes before running KAG to exclude software incompatibility.
    • adobearm.exe
    • daemon.exe
    • hamachi-2-ui.exe
    • hamachi-2.exe
    • jqs.exe
    • jucheck.exe
    • jusched.exe
    • pmb.exe
    • pnkbstra.exe
    • steam.exe
    - Update your graphics card driver. Yours is "275.33" while the latest is "280.26".
    - Update your BIOS. Yours is "P08" while latest is "P10".
    - From the Speccy-report I can't see if your chipset drivers are up2date but since your other drivers aren't I assume they are not. Download and install the latest from here. (They are quite new so I guess you don't have them already.)
    - Play around with KAG's settings (lower the resolution, try windowed mode, try "Less Effects" option).
    - Scan your hard disc drives for errors.
    - Run Memtest86+ to make sure your RAM has no problems.

That's enough so far. Do every step and report if something is not working.