1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Tweaks Bomb Tweaks

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG]' started by Sinleet, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Sinleet

Sinleet Shipwright

This mod will tweaks arrow's interaction with bombs, if a player shoots a bomb; the bomb will now become 'his'--Much like if he had picked it up. If it is a water bomb, he will also cause it to explode. The rest of the added code is ensuring the game works as intended.

@Geti @Rayne @Trumbles @Skinney

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  2. ZeroZ30o

ZeroZ30o Haxor

Considering this happens almost always randomly, and that you can grab the bomb / shooting it fucks bomb jumps & anything else.

3. Sinleet

Sinleet Shipwright

I don't understand what you're trying to say. Are you saying this already happens, only on random? Or are you saying this script doesn't work as intended? If the former then you are referring to a server and client desync issue.

4. ZeroZ30o

ZeroZ30o Haxor

I'm just questioning the fact that I don't personally think this is needed.

5. Sinleet

Sinleet Shipwright

You're questioning your thinking; "the tweak isn't needed." Why are you posting this? Answer yourself whether it is or it isn't then post and explain your reasoning to promote further discussion--I'm not a shrink, you don't need to tell me every thought that pops into your head--Back to your original statement "It fucks up bomb jumping." It won't really for the player attempting bomb jumping. However, any teammates of the bombjumper that aren't shielded will be damaged. Ex: If a blue archer hit back a red bomb into a group of reds, he would be rewarded, potentially, with a kill feed.

And yes, before you question yourself outloud again, it is a buff to archers.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
    Vampire likes this.
  6. if an archer shoots a bomb at critical timing, your bombjump is already fucked either way

fun mode, promotes effort

Vampire and Sinleet like this.
  7. zerd

zerd Arsonist
    1. SIEGE Clan - SIEGE

I can definitely see some great potential in having regular bombs change ownership, when hit by an enemy archer, maybe even from a friendly archer. I worry though that it might be used mainly for "defusing" bombs, so that hostile bombs that land near your teammates, won't do damage to them. (This might be what you intended though)

On a side note, I think this could work well if the current ownership of bombs was represented with team colours in some way.

Regarding water bombs though, i think it would be more useful to just have them change ownership, rather than also exploding on impact, but I dont play archer and I despise water bombs, so i have not been in such situations myself.

Awesome fixes you have been posting, can't wait to see what you come up with next.

EDIT: somehow managed to type water arrows when i meant water bombs

8. ZeroZ30o

ZeroZ30o Haxor

Not "thinking out loud", I'm just giving you my opinion on the matter. I'm saying it's not needed (again, IMO), because as an archer, shooting a bomb is good enough to disrupt a bomb jump, and I don't think the allies of whoever activated that bomb deserve to get blown up (and since it's mostly random to hit bombs, the archer doesn't diserve it -probably- either).
    Take this as you want, but if you choose to ignore it, don't go on being all rude.
    I was not questioning myself, I was giving my opinion towards the fact that the tweak isn't needed.
    Edit: tl;dr though I do like adding skill-based things to archers, I don't feel it'd be fair for whoever gets blown up. Not to mention it'd probably be luck based most of the time.

9. Sinleet

Sinleet Shipwright

"questioning whether I think the tweak is needed is a fact"

I was trying to be helpful to you by ignoring the "is a fact" part, because I assume you didn't want to get all existential from a modded tweak, but now I can see you hardly know what you're saying from the way you contradict yourself.

I do, hence this mod.

You seem to have a bias against archers, arrows aren't all as random as you think. Honestly this is a small tweak that you probably wouldn't experience more than once per couple of games. The ways to make it happen more would be to get on the knights level, and being rather close, rather than being on a tower for example. This adds a high risk high reward possibility to the game.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 17, 2014, Original Post Date: Mar 17, 2014 ---
    Interesting, perhaps by the particle colors? Spew blue or red depending on team? :smug:

10. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

I would love this. It's not actually that hard to hit a still bomb if you don't legolas (legolas shots have a bit of randomness to them)

11. epenow

epenow Oppressed banana cookie
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

I gotta say, getting bomb kills as archer is hella fun, this mod just makes it easier to do, i like it!

12. zerd

zerd Arsonist
    1. SIEGE Clan - SIEGE

I was thinking something like the .png I've uploaded. But particle colour could also work.

Attached Files:

13. ZeroZ30o

ZeroZ30o Haxor

Yes, I do have bias against archers, I'll give you that, though you implied yourself that they don't need a buff.
    However, I do want to know, what's your reasoning for a whole push to go down the drain just because of a single bomb? It's just like, in all games, where something is overpowered or simply unfair, and you get killed by it, you probably don't find it enjoyable.

14. Sinleet

Sinleet Shipwright

I've got a working blue particle effect working, but it just doesn't look right with the bomb png blowing up red

I think I can have a sensible script up within a day

15. I like this, it awards the archer for their hard work. gj

16. zerd

zerd Arsonist
    1. SIEGE Clan - SIEGE

If you decide to go with team coloured particles, then my suggestion would be to remove the sparks etc. from the bomb .png and redo them in a seperate layer on top of the bomb. Then i imagine you can create a greyscale particle sprite sheet, and tint it based on the team colour.

I guess same method could be used for adding a band across it, like the image i uploaded. And still tint it any given team colour.

EDIT: more typos

EDIT 2: after learning more about how kag handles things, i'll just leave a link to this thread which explains how to properly utilize team-colors in your sprites:
    https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/help-male-heads-team-colours.5337/

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  17. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

You don't always die from a bomb, not to mention that people should shield if they see a bomb flying at their face.

18. ZeroZ30o

ZeroZ30o Haxor

I was refering to builders that actually realise they have to go build on the frontlines, and not minecraft at base.
    It's just frustrating enough as it is to explode while doing the right thing, more so if it's from your own team's bomb.
    (And I do take into account that not dodging an enemy's bomb is fair enough to get you killed, but a split second bomb-team-change right as it explodes is bad, especially because there is no risk and high reward, unlike picking it up by hand, where the risk is high, and the reward aswell)

(And I know there are other causes, I'm just saying a single archer could make that builder die, even a few knights, when in reality they are alredy good enough against said classes (especially builder).

Edit: Btw, I'm tired so I have an excuse for these terrible sentences with no order, 9/10 would do again.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  19. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

seems kind of dumb, as shooting bombs most of the time is random.

btw why do you keep tagging me in these posts?

20. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

I like this idea, and feel that it should be added to the game.