1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Bouncy Boulders Gamemode (pvp)

Discussion in 'Game modes' started by Strathos, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Strathos

Strathos KAG Guard Tester

Collision.jpg
    The mason and lumberjack guilds are at war! Build your workshop and use resources from your respawn spot to summon the bouncers and smash those who oppose you.
    Kegs and boulders are just the same, but use different sprites/sounds.
    You gain coins by hitting enemies, workshops and bouncers. Coins can be used to buy bouncers (without the need of the resources heap) or the feared bouncer mayhem! Read in-game descriptions for more info.

Rules
    * Wipe out the opposing guild.
    * Ducking is forbidden!
    * Spawn killing is allowed.

lols and wtfs assured!

Maps (included on zip)
    bounce1.png bounce2.png bounce3.png bounce4.png

Problems
    * Ducking makes bouncers ignore you.
    * There's a glitch that leaves you with full resources, but it doesn't happen frequently.
    * Unit counter doesn't appear. Use tab to see units left Fixed (force_weightclass or itempick_mode had something to do with it).

I've taken my time to ensure parameters like health, attack speed, bouncer movement and item costs are balanced, so I'd like to ask you not to make changes that'd affect the fast-paced and simple gameplay if you are hosting this.
    If any dev happens to see this: could we in a future, maybe via scripting, have more control on what happens when you crouch? This gamemode is really playable except for that little quirk.

Edit: updated to version 2.0 (now called Extreme Dodgeball). New maps, shops upgrades, class upgrades. Will add screens and stuff later.

Attached Files:

2. Derschlact

Derschlact FIRE AT WILL! Donator

You just uploaded it today :P

3. Icidium

Icidium Base Burner

I love this server, it is unique and entertaining. Throwing boulders/kegs and crushing your foes. I love the hammer fights :p

4. SirSammy

SirSammy Shark Slayer

Keeeeepp onnn bouncing.

5. ComboBreaker

ComboBreaker Horde Gibber

Crazy,sometimes unfair, but still very fun.

Also,thanks to this gamemode,I got my signature :D

6. IBeShadow

IBeShadow Shipwright

Why am i banned?