1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

break_time_static how does it work?

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by JacKD, Dec 3, 2011.

1. JacKD

JacKD Ballista Bolt Thrower

Hi, i'm wondering how does the new (b228) break_time_static variables works... where should i put it? (i couldn't find it) is it yes/no or just a number? what do i do with the old break_time?

thank

2. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Trelawney and myself were discussing this earlier today. We never found out.

3. trelawney

trelawney KAG Guard Tester

Yes, it was a feature added without any guidance as to how or where to use it. Try Base/Rules/CTF/gamemode.cfg for starters , trial and error is all we have left :eek:

4. JacKD

Yeah I gave it the old try and fail treatment but... failed xD I used it as a booleand yes/no as plain time, with break_time, without... so I came here hoping someone had mor eluck than I... seems we're all in the same place, hopefully MM or Geti can shed a light on this!

Thanks for the comments

5. trelawney

6. JacKD

I still can't get it to work :\ has anyone done it?

7. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Trelawney has done some testing and cant get it to work, he went by what Geti told him to do :(

8. SirSalami

SirSalami THD Team THD Team Administrator

Well, after further testing with Trelawny, i've come to the realization that static_break_time = 1 is indeed buggy. Here's what i've found:

When i did initial testing of this, i did it in a sterile server with the following params in base/rules/ctf/gamemode.cfg:
    static_break_time = 1
    break_time = 999
    minimum_players_inteam = 0

This configuration seemed to work properly during testing with only me in the server, therefore i reported it at 'working'.

However, upon further testing with trelawny joining the server, things got scrambled.

this ended up giving us a 60 sec warmup.
    static_break_time = 1
    break_time = 30
    minimum_players_inteam = 1

this ended up giving us a 2000 sec warmup
    static_break_time = 1
    break_time = 999
    minimum_players_inteam = 1

i'll try to do a bit more research soon and edit this post as needed.

Noburu likes this.
  9. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

break_time_static is the variable name I'm pretty sure.
    Looking at the source though, it's not there. Turns out MM never merged it properly. It'll have to wait for a little while, sorry :/ I'll put it back on the TODO and just recode it when I have time around spriting.

Rayne likes this.
  10. dnmr

dnmr Ministry of ban Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

11. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Hey man, I coded the feature. He just didn't merge it in, or did and then reverted and forgot to re-merge.

12. trelawney

As of today's build (319), break_time_static works as expected. We've come a long way...

JacKD, Noburu and SirSalami like this.