1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

BSOD from playing

Discussion in 'General Help' started by FxtrtUnfrm, Aug 28, 2011.

1. FxtrtUnfrm

FxtrtUnfrm Guest

Hello,

I just downloaded KAG earlier this evening and managed to play for about 5 minutes before I was hit with a very lovely blue screen of death that said something about a "BAD_POOL_HEADER". I thought it may have been a fluke, so after restarting my computer I fired the game back up and this time it happened within about 30 second of being in a game. Has anyone else had a similar issue or know how I might go about solving it? The little I did get to play was extremely fun and I would love to be able to experience more of the game. Thanks in advance.

2. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Never had it...
    What are your computer specs?

3. FxtrtUnfrm

FxtrtUnfrm Guest

Rainbows!,

Windows XP SP3
    3 GB Ram
    Nvidia GeForce 7800 GT
    Intel P4 3.2 Ghz

Relatively dated, but still runs pretty good...

4. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

"BAD_POOL_HEADER" often means there's something wrong with your RAM, hard drive or some connected USB-devices. So:
    - Run CHKDSK on all your local partitions/hard drives to fix file system errors.
    - Use Memtest86+ to make sure that your RAM did not caused the crash.
    - Remove all USB-devices and check if the issue persists.

More suggestions:
    - Use some tool to check your PC temperatures and make sure they're not too high.
    - Reset the BIOS to default settings.
    - Make sure your drivers are up2date.
    - Try BlueScreenView, maybe it also helps you determining the source of the crash.