1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Bug: Building blobs with attachment points

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Vermilicious, Oct 1, 2017.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Vermilicious

Vermilicious Ballista Bolt Thrower

If you have a blob in the builder menu (CommonBuilderBlocks.as), it will end up in the player's hands (and be invisible) if it has attachments enabled in the descriptor (.cfg) file, despite setting the buildOnGround flag in the script. I have verified this problem by simply disabling attachments and do no other changes. It then works as expected. (The attachment points were not named PICKUP either.)

This is certainly a bug. I have been unable to locate any code that is responsible. I have dug a little, and found out that it seems the blob is put in the builder "hands" properly (the construction sound is played). What happens after that, I have not been able to figure out. It seems "buildings" are handled a little differently, as these do not have this problem ("Quarters" in particular).

Context: I'm unable to do what I want in my mod because of this. One example is a revised version of the "Bed" blob. I do not want a "building", just a bed, but there "has to be" an attachment point for the player's head. I also wanted some attachment points on a revised version of the "Workbench" blob, for "locking" materials for delayed production options. I had encountered the problem with the bed first, and then got a "aha" moment, when the same problem occurred when I added attachment points to the workbench.

Would be nice if someone could look into this soon-ish.

Fuzzle likes this.
  2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

You can add the attachment points with code once the blob is constructed as a workaround. I'll note this down but can't promise it'll be prioritised.

E: fixed next build, was a one-line thing (not checking if it was buildonground before trying to pick it up)

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
    Vermilicious likes this.
Mods: Rainbows