1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog Build 1492 - Mechanisms and More!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, May 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Hey guys and girls, pretty big build coming today which is why there’s been such a delay between releases!

Without further ado lets get right into the changes:

[​IMG]
    Diabolical contraptions await in TDM!

Mechanisms
    • A whole host of mechanisms to build the dynamic structures of your dreams! From randomisation and memory to routing and logic to multiple inputs and outputs, Skinney’s work on mechansisms is finally getting a fully networked public release!

This is the intial testing release, so we’re not quite ready to give you the keys to the car - we’ll be doing another build very soon allowing you to build with these mechanisms in sandbox, but we want to do a pilot release with them just in TDM for testing that they work on a bigger scale!

Be sure to check out the TDM servers and report any and all bugs in the forum thread and let us know what you think of the potential!
    Balance Tweaks
    • Resupply
      You can now resupply at your matching class shop in CTF without switching class. This allows more forward builder action, and easier archer resupply on the frontlines as well. Hopefully we’ll be seeing more forward expansions as a result!
    • Maps
      Some maps with balance/fun issues have been removed from CTF and TDM, and a “simple” map has been added to the CTF pool. This should give a taste of the straight-up, no-gimmicks play that’s been very popular on the flat maps server - the map isn’t a completely flat line like the ones there, but it’s as close as we’d like to come without stealing their thunder.
    Better Drowning
    • Drowning has long been a sore point for many people - the sync issues have been fixed and the interface has been replaced with bubbles that indicate how much air you have left. Let us know what you think of the changes!
    Anti-Hack
    • Work has been done on detecting the most common form of speed-hack for KAG, Cheat Engine’s Speedhack. Upon detection the game will disconnect you, issue a warning to the server, and the server will log the event for administrator action. This can result in your account being permanently flagged as a hacker, so don’t do it.

This Anti-Hack is by no means unbeatable, but should definitely spoil the fun of several repeat offenders. Enjoy.
    Translation
    • Work has been done on making translation of the game possible by simple substitutions from json files - this is currently not utilised throughout the game code but will be in time, and will allow translation work to be done by anyone interested - modders in particular can look into the getTranslatedString function and the g_locale setting, as well as checking out the new locale files.
    Bug Fixes
    • The following bugs have been fixed:
      • Cant bind up/down arrow keys
      • Cant double-bind keys (will warn you now)
      • Crash on removing server from favourites
      • News reader broken
      • More - see the full changelog for details!
    That’s all for this time, but as I said there’s more coming soon, stay tuned to the blog or forums for more news!

If you can’t be bothered checking frequently, you can always follow us on twitter or like us on facebook if you’d prefer to stay up to date that way!

Have Fun!

Max/Geti

Full Changelog:
    [added][script] direct icon rendering functions (without frame numbers) - warning, dont use with anything you want pixeloffsets out of (eg actor sprites)
    void GUI::DrawIconDirect(const string &in textureFilename, Vec2f pos, Vec2f framePos, Vec2f frameDimension)
    void GUI::DrawIconDirect(const string &in textureFilename, Vec2f pos, Vec2f framePos, Vec2f frameDimension, f32 scale, int team_num, SColor color)
    [removed] shadowor minotaur map
    [added] hearth plains map
    [modified] options for chat filter + updated noswears script
    [added] mazey box head (welcome back)
    [fixed] crash on removing server from favourites
    [removed] screen blinking while rebinding keys
    [added] word wrapping for a bunch of menu controls
    [fixed] news reader
    [added] some really crappy pl translations :)
    [modified] improved look of resolution setup in starter
    [fixed] cant bind up/down arrow keys
    [modified] can double-bind keys, will warn you now
    [added][script] string.toLower and toUpper
    [script][added] Callback for tile collapses: bool onMapTileCollapse(CMap@ this, u32 offset)
    [script][added] Tranlsation functionality:
    string getTranslatedString( const string &in toBeTranslated )
    void GUI::DrawTranslatedText( const string &in text, Vec2f upperleft, Vec2f lowerright, SColor color, bool HorCenter, bool VerCenter, bool drawBackgroundPane )
    void GUI::DrawTranslatedText( const string &in text, Vec2f upperleft, Vec2f lowerright, SColor color, bool HorCenter, bool VerCenter )
    void GUI::DrawTranslatedText( const string &in text, Vec2f pos, SColor color )
    void GUI::DrawTranslatedTextCentered( const string &in text, Vec2f pos, SColor color )
    [modified] TDM map cycle - has mechanisms maps now, retired a few maps as well.
    [fixed] drowning desync issues
    [added] bubbles to indicate air instead of screen flash
    [added] mechanisms
    [added] quickjoin does not join known-banned servers
    [added] can resupply at ctf shops without changing class (class must match)
    [modified] Duke_Jordan head to MadRaccoon head at request of both of them
    [fixed] emitsound issues for loaded blobs

Original: http://www.thd.vg/post/119334794325/kag-build-1492-mechanisms-and-more

(Apologies for the janky formatting forum-side)

2. jimmyzoudcba

jimmyzoudcba Haxor Tester

YEAH! LOL I literally just logged out the game for ONE minute and there's a update :D

Sytoplasma likes this.
  3. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Fantastic work kag team and testers :)

4. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

:D Thanks everyone whose been testing and making this!

5. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

Holy shit this is one of the most hype patches I've seen in a long time! I really look forward to the automatic cheating disconnects and flags and seeing how many assholes get caught. Thank you so, so, so much for this update, great work everyone who worked on it!

6. Leo

Leo Haxor

What is a "known-banned" server if I may ask ? And how you decide to ban a server ?

7. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

great update, but why all updates like that have to make my most favourite mods stop working? :'(

8. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Can't wait for this (if it is) added to CTF.

I COULD MAKE AUTOMATED EXPLOSIOSNOSNOSNISNOSNDOINSOSNDOINSIODNSOINDOSIN.
    Yet to test the build though, looks amazing.

9. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

i think it stops autojoin from connecting you to a server you are banned on:huh?:

i could be wrong

10. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

Hopefully they won't be added to CTF.

11. EhRa

1. KRPG

Why not? Imagine the contraptions.

12. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

Sounds awesome, but why did you have to release this while my PC is down :rektlord: ::(:

13. EhRa

1. KRPG

I feel for you.....

14. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Correct. The game just tracks servers that disconnect you with a ban or hack detected message and doesn't try to autojoin to them during that session. Nothing is stored and there's no input to this system from us. Let me know if you have any issues.

Mechanisms are unlikely to be added verbatim to CTF as it's a hell of a lot of complexity to throw at new players, the menus really aren't set up for it, and it's a heavy content bias towards one class that we never hope to or want to match for the other classes, however we're hoping some sort of builder vs builder mode can spring forth either as a mod or official content - it'll definitely rely on fixes to the builder hitting to be any fun though!

Which mod in particular was affected? Not many things changed that should affect mods.

Asu likes this.
  15. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

The cause hasn't been stated in the log: PartyIndicator.as has been removed.
    Remove it from the class configuration files and the problems should be fixed.

Last edited: May 19, 2015
  16. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

Wizard Wars, but Chrispin fixed it, Super Smash Knight (join it for yourself, weird shit), and from what i see, Aphelion's Roleplay.

@edit: Also my Dash TDM server that is down now had the same problem. It used mods Gravestone, Deepthroat, Blowjob and Dash. If you need to play it and see, i can turn it on again.

17. EhRa

1. KRPG

That would be AMAZING.

18. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

People with real internet get all the fun. ::(:

19. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Geti Rayne pretty much fixes the builder hitting problems. Now it's just a matter of when he gets back to finish the mod

SirDangalang likes this.
  20. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

Perfect timing, I just recently got a computer that can finally properly handle KAG! And now I get one of the updates I have been hyped for! ;D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.