1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 154 released!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, Sep 19, 2011.

1. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Added a “Basics & Building” tutorial. This is something everyone starting with KAG should play first. Something like this might be mandatory to pass through in the future so that new players don’t spoil the fun for people already playing.
    Fixed numerous most critical bugs. Please report if any of the mentioned bugs still remain.
    Beware griefers! Mods can now freeze you by pointing at you with the mouse cursor and pressing [F3]. If you didn’t do anything illegal you can explain yourself during this time.
    Changes 151-154:

AJ and SirSalami like this.
  2. Wargod-Loki

Wargod-Loki Haxor

Oh my! oh my! Ohhhh my holy KAG god :D

F****ing love the f3 option, great work.

3. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Sounds neat. Small fixes like these are always welcome. I hope that you'll get into tweaking the server browser soon :)

4. MrKaputtnik

MrKaputtnik Shopkeep Stealer

Everything I wanted =D

5. kiro

kiro Garde KAG Donator Tester

Great great great :D

Infinite ressources = awesome buildings
    Fixed map tile desynchronization = YEEAAAAAHHHH, the most annoying bug finally vinquished !
    F3 = I :3 you for this ! (see ? that's a play on numbers !)

Bugs/issues/questions :
    "added password prompt in server browser" doesn't work. I try to join my protected server, it says "wrong server password".
    "builder automatically picks up stone and wood parts", didn't they do that already ?

PS : I hope to see in in the next changelog "Fixed teleporting/lag/hits not hitting issues" :)

6. trelawney

trelawney KAG Guard Tester

w00t, thanks :)

7. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

It seems that in this build you can't collect arrows from trees. Gotta test that again though..

Edit: It seems to appeal only in the build time? Why?

8. Wargod-Loki

Wargod-Loki Haxor

it worked for me, but the tree's bug still from time to time, especially when you build stuff over them, it causes mostly that only the stump is chopable and the other part of the tree is, immortal :eek:

czubai likes this.
  9. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

MM,hope you will see this fast.
    As it was nice idea,unlimited resources ended up bad for the game.
    We can see walls thick so much that they cant be taken down!
    Only bomb can help because of anit-griefing solution,but you just cant go till that point to throw it.
    Tunel can be made in stone,but as you fight,you just keep going down to the botom of the screen.
    Unlimited wood from doors made.Even after warm-up.Just open them and hit...free 40 wood...
    ALT+TAB does not work as it worked before.After you manage to switch screeens,when you go back to game menu and hud are so small you cant see anything!
    Also,2 servers i tried keept crashing all the time.
    I tried to freez one player to warn him to stop griefing and accidentaly i done it to myself.He run away from the screen till i figured out what happened lol.

10. Catakus

Catakus KAG Guard Tester

I play fullscreen on a dual monitor computer. I've always had the issue of accidentally clicking off onto the other screen, and when I click back on the game (or alt tab), everything is too small and distorted.

11. trelawney

trelawney KAG Guard Tester

I think this is a build 154 issue: server browser window does not come up when you try to join an online game during a tutorial, you're forced to quit KAG and restart. Authentication works , just not the browser window. I've only seen this on linux, if any windows users can reproduce & confirm it , I'm sure it will be appreciated. Here's a 1.6MB screencapture of the bug http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23114384/cap3.m4v

[edit - see also:]
    http://kagforum.com/index.php?threads/server-keep-crashing.1242/

12. czubai

czubai KAG Guard Tester

[​IMG]

Infinite resources, here we go. That was on a small server, not too populated. Done by a single guy anyway, I think. I also confirm the ALT+TAB HUD bug. It did happen earlier occasionally, now it seems to happen every time. Also frozen people seem to just leave the server.

13. Catakus

Catakus KAG Guard Tester

I think warmup time should be reduced because of the infinite resources. Otherwise it'll just be a battle of the super thick walls.

14. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Or.. go back to what it was before.

15. laurentiu

laurentiu Ballista Bolt Thrower

Nice, the F3 option sounds useful.

16. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

When you freez people in middle of the map (as mod/admin?) and they die,you need to go to the tent to un-freez them.Also,why cant bombs destroy blocks near outposts/tent?Sometimes we need to destroy it.

17. Worm

Worm Derpship Commander Donator

Seems bugged. Server crash per 15-30 minutes o.o

czubai likes this.
  18. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

So with this unlimited materials stuff in the start-up time. we gonna see any good castle destroying siege weapons soon? it would fit with the mega castles that are now possible.

AJ, dwatring and Frank like this.
  19. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Give the unlimited resources a try, could always be a toggle in settings, but right now I've had some very nice games with it, and they've been much more fun than previously that felt more rushed running back and forth from the tent.

The crashing is a bit out of hand, guessing there's more bugs to iron out, have only gotten through 2-3 full games because it crashes every 15-30minutes.

20. czubai

czubai KAG Guard Tester

The crashing is a really big issue. I tried to play a game and all 4 servers I joined crashed after a few minutes. Half of the games barely get out of warmup.

The infinite resouces are still bad. The limit encouraged some planning, effective building. It also encouraged good builders to start the foundations and newbies to follow. Right now everyone just spams huge stone/door blocks or pilliars. It's stupid overall, looks bad and can't be defended properly.