1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 265 released!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, Jan 6, 2012.

1. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Most important fixes coming your way!

You’ll also notice the chat is now on top. It makes so much more sense to have that there, especially if you’re an archer shooting poor knights from top of a bridge.

(if you want to change this open KAG/Base/Scripts/config.gm
    global cc_valign = 2; - for the old bottom chat)

Changes 263-265:

If there is trouble updating to build 265 download a fresh install:
    http://kag2d.com/download

BindNation likes this.
  2. armymanpwns

armymanpwns Bison Rider

one thing, when you change the chat back to the old one when you can't see the unit counter anymore. :/

nevermind if fixed itself xD

3. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

So cc_valign finally works? Nice, every time I would set it before it would make me crash.

Now can we change transparency for that? Every time I'd change either transparency it would change only my RCON transparency.

"- fixed not being able to build sometimes at some spots"
    Does that mean the corrupt areas are fixed?

Cool... I suppose.

4. splatpl

splatpl Catapult Fodder

Chatbox position has ben changed, it's great thing.

//EDIT by Furai: Speak English.

5. splatpl

splatpl Catapult Fodder

I have a question:
    Why banning people on servers ?
    My friend play with me and suddenly he was banned and that in a couple servers.

6. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

I really don't like the chat on the top. Would it be possible to have an option to put it into the top or bottom ?

DarkD4 and DUZ like this.
  7. BlueLuigi

It's probably just a problem.

Bug: Whenever I edit my the alignment to 2, start up the game , no change, close game, the file is set back to valign of 0.
    No idea how to change transparency but been working on that too.

8. splatpl

splatpl Catapult Fodder

Is it that option read a MM post.
    @MM say's
    (if you want to change this open KAG/Base/Scripts/config.gm
    global cc_valign = 2; - for the old bottom chat)

9. WarrFork

ok, thanks.

10. Sly-Marbo

Sly-Marbo Shipwright

I'm not really sure what's going on, or if I'm just being an idiot, but my client doesn't update past build 263.
    Tried re-installing, still build 263.

11. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

I like that you're trying to make chat less invasive, but here's my suggestion:

Why do we need to see the entire chat window every time we type one little thing? Typing is when you're most vulnerable, so it's imperative you can see all around you. I understand you need to be able to see the details sometimes and view the whole chat log but that is not something that is needed for every message. The button to pull open the whole chat window in front of your screen should be different than typing. Something like shift would open the chat to have a look, whereas enter just allows you to type with no change to the chatbox size.

12. BlueLuigi

That would be great buti t doesn't work for everyone.

First of all: Everyone already had the option to change cc_valign to 0 themselves.
    Secondly, for some reason these options we have in dedicated_autoconfig won't work in autoconfig:

global cc_dimension_x = 0.4; - This one doesn't work, deletes itself on start, weird.
    global cc_dimension_y = 0.095; - This one doesn't work, deletes itself on start, weird.
    global cc_bgshow = 1; - This one doesn't work, deletes itself on start, weird.
    global cc_fontfile = `GUI/Fonts/pixel.png`;
    global cc_bgcolor_a = 125; - This one doesn't work, deletes itself on start, weird.
    global cc_bgcolor_r = 10; - This one doesn't work, deletes itself on start, weird.
    global cc_bgcolor_g = 10; - This one doesn't work, deletes itself on start, weird.
    global cc_bgcolor_b = 35; - This one doesn't work, deletes itself on start, weird.
    global cc_linespacing = 1; - This one?
    global cc_indent = 8;
    global cc_key = 13;
    global cc_channelkey = 163;
    global cc_history_size = 25;
    global cc_halign = 2; - Haven't touched it, who cares about this one
    global cc_valign = 2; - This one doesn't work, keeps reverting to 0 on start, weird.

Apparently ilaks had the same problem but it just fixed itself.

13. Zuboki

Zuboki KAG Guard Tester

In my opinion, this sort of thing belongs in an Options or Settings menu. Asking end-users to edit config files for basic settings is poor presentation.

14. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

Can't find global cc_valign in config.gm, not sure why it's changed it was easier to edit the parts in the older version.

EDIT: Blue's just said it's in autoconfig.gm? C'mon MM I'd like to be told the right thing first time <3

Edit II: Cannot play KAG with the chat up in the way of the units and changing the global cc_valign to 2 does NOT work, it will just revert back to 0 when the game is started up.

15. WarrFork

When i put back the chat, i don't see units ...

xChapx likes this.
  16. Thiel

Thiel KAG Guard Tester

This is great, I feel like all my worries I had at 262's release are completely gone. Everything that I felt was wrong in the test build, and in 262's release, are completely gone and fixed in this one. Great job MM, you took a lot of criticism over the last few days, so it's time to give back a little graditude. Thanks. :)

EDIT:

I was in config.gm for me, and it worked. It's in the higher section of the .txt file.
    Code:
    // * //// * //// * //// * //// * //// * //// * //
    // config variables
    global module = `Game.dll`;
    global configfile = `Scripts/config.gm`;
    global guimainfile = `Scripts/gui.gm`;
    // engine variables (will override autoconfig settings)
    //game
    global n_master_ip = `master.kag2d.com`;
    global cc_valign = 2;
    // run commands

If you still can't find it, it's probably not there, did you try redownloading?

Also, as stated in the code above, config.gm overrides autoconfig.gm, that answers your questions BlueLuigi. ;)

FuzzyBlueBaron and xChapx like this.
  17. Vattic

Vattic Shopkeep Stealer

Really happy to see map collisions fixed.

I don't know if it's just me but since 262 I've been getting disconnected from every server I try and play on. Usually I get five or ten minutes before the d/c. A couple of servers where I have low ping won't let me join because of suspected speed hacks (I think it said) but then let me join again later.

I'm finding myself at least temporarily banned on a lot of servers.

18. Thiel

Thiel KAG Guard Tester

I do want to express one little thing I still very much dislike, the 5% delay in charging.
    It really forces me to use stabs most of the time, which is usually just about luck.
    Without the 5% charge you could usually just in-time get that charge in his face, when you're in combat, (outnumbered or 1v1), but with this 5% delay thats just impossible, and it always comes down to a stabbing-fest, which you can't ever win when outnumbered, and even when it's 1v1, whoever wins is usually the lucky one, not the better one. I feel extremely nerfed. :<

19. amuffinattack

amuffinattack Bison Rider

It all feels much smoother, i like it a lot more. Knight combat feels...homogenized skill wise, like the way its set up seems like...its to easy? Maybe its just me and i',m not used to it. I just enjoyed feeling like it took skill to play a knight well...maybe its just getting used to it. But much better over all!

20. Thiel

Thiel KAG Guard Tester

AFAIK, the only new thing for the knight is that the charges take 5% longer, which IMO made it easier for the lower skilled players, but much harder for the higher skilled players. So, bad knights are buffed, good knights are nerfed. Means everyone is at the same level and it's all about luck (read my post before yours how I came to this conclusion). /wrist. :(