1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 469

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Shadlington, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

This release is mostly made up of an assortment of seclev additions + several miscellaneous changes.
    Notable things you might like include the ability to assign seclevs through the admin menu, the ability to restrict what classes/teams people can play with using seclevs and the ability to custom-define what levels of zoom are available to everyone (or even define this by class).

Changelog:
    - Mostly fixed so that you can add extra classes without them defaulting to builder. Requires that you add an extra field to class config files called 'tool' that has the value 'Knight', 'Archer' or 'Builder'. Name can be whatever you like now. Please try this out and report bugs with it (and any workarounds you find) because it hasn't been tested very extensively.
    - Made guard color overrided by admin_color in all cases (previously wasn't on player mouseover)
    - Strip out multiple consecutive white space characters in chat, replace with one space
    - /login and /logout restricted to serverside only
    - Removed editor zoom help text as it is no longer available
    - Class restrictions (feature = no_class_[classname] where [classname] is the name of the class)
    - Team restrictions (feature = no_team_[teamname] where [teamname] is the name of the team)
    - Admin menu re-org (Admin>Team>Player>Moderator Action) + hide actions based on seclev immunity
    - Spectator team in admin menu
    - Spectator chat grey
    - Added autoconfig option to allow the seclev feature join_full to work, sv_enable_joinfull
    - Reserved slots, set with sv_reservedslots (feature to use in seclevs: join_reserved)
    - Spectator slots, set with sv_spectatorslots (if set to 0, spectators just use regular slots - if you want to remove spectators altogether, remove them from seclevs)
    - Join as spectator button added to browser
    - Allow /login to work with no password set
    - Freeze immunity (feature = freeze_immunity)
    - Speedhack kick immunity (feature = speedkick_immunity) (this is a temporary fix to work around modded servers that have speeded-up their classes in such a way that the speedhack detection gets false positives)
    - Seclev muting (feature = muted)
    - Deny access with deny_join (will also kick if done mid-game)
    - Fixed 'x has been voted to be kicked' bug
    - In-game seclev assignment through /rcon /assignseclev or admin menu
    - Added LoadSeclevs(filename);
    - Added /rcon /reloadseclevs [filename]
    - Disabled same account connecting to a server multiple times
    - New gamemode var: max_zoom_out. This can be 1/2/3 and defines how many levels of zoom there are.
    - 3 more gamemode vars: zoom_level_1, zoom_level_2, zoom_level_3. These set the cam distance at each of these zoom levels.
    - These gamemode vars can also be added to class config files to override them for that class only.
    - Non-fixed cam works at zoom level 1 now. Was forced to fixed previously.

Little extra info on how to set the zoom levels:
    Default levels are:
    max_zoom_out = 2
    zoom_level_1 = 2.0
    zoom_level_2 = 1.0
    zoom_level_3 = 0.5

Bigger zoom (zoom_level_1/2/3 values) = more zoomed in.
    Bigger zoom level (max_zoom_out value) = more zoomed out.

2. Shadlington

Its aimed at servers that mod their servers to allow super-fast builders, which triggers the speedhack kick.

Gofio likes this.
  3. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

This sounds....interesting. so your saying i can make zoom 1 REALLY close, and add a zoom 3?

4. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Helll yeah!

5. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

You will receive a global ban as soon as anyone find out.

Gofio and inactive_account like this.
  6. Shadlington

Yes

What Downburst said.
    Any its only if the server adds the speedhack kick immunity to their seclevs...

Froghead48 likes this.
  7. Shadlington

I've just pushed a hotfix for the 'guards don't have admin menu' and 'join blue team when first connecting' bugs.

So restart your servers/clients.

8. Adinxs

Adinxs Bison Rider

Wait, servers can make there own classes now?

9. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

10. Shadlington

Possibly, I haven't really tested it out a great deal. Needs people to see what works and what doesn't so I can fix it.

11. Roflington

Roflington Shark Slayer

erm dont know if this is the righ place to say this.. but the starting on blue bug thing isnt there, but now people are being moved teams randomly ? :S the auto balance is glitching maybe?

MechaTrickster likes this.
  12. BlackKlit

BlackKlit Shopkeep Stealer

Wow! Sounds really great! If it will works as intended we will see hundreds of class variations on servers right now=) Thanks, devs:thumbs_up:

13. Beepo

Beepo Asian Faggot Donator
    1. Delta Force - Delta

This is awesome =D

14. DrZaloski

DrZaloski Shopkeep Stealer

I can't wait to see the ridiculously hilarious and broken custom classes that come out of this!

KnightGabe13 likes this.
  15. KnightGabe13

KnightGabe13 Arsonist

And sprites, too. (Assuming we get custom sprites for custom classes. I don't want my uber-knight to look like a normal knight. :eek:)

16. can that zoom levels affect spectator somehow? or you could just make mouse wheel to zoom in and out. i have to hold RMB all the time when i spectate since they changed it to be zoomed out by default

17. Night_Horde

Night_Horde Shopkeep Stealer

Yay my dream of a monk class may finally come true :D

Villekille707, Cerbercre and Parpoch like this.
  18. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

New hotfix out a few minutes ago to fix some of the team join/switch issues that we were made aware of. This should be the last hotfix for today.

19. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

Well the "place ladders on stone background = -2 stone instead of wood" is back this build, figured since this is about the builds and hotfixes i should let you know.

GloriousToast, Chrispin and _Cuffs_ like this.
  20. Shadlington

...the hell? Nobody touched the building code AFAIK. Was that in the previous build or is it totally new this build?