1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 780 - Beta Remade

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, Jun 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

For the last 3 weeks we have been basically rewriting the entire meta game of KAG. The first thing we wanted to change is add a technology progression instead of buying them for gold. This lead to a lot of changes, like the addition of bomb arrows and water bomb/arrows. These were required for the research tree to work better and to balance the classes. They are also very fun.

Playing as builder has changed a lot. Building and mining is now faster and easier. Building rooms is made right out of the builder menu [F]. The available buildings are dorm, factory, storage, tunnel, barracks and research room.
    A bit of an explanation:

Dorms - are built for a migrant / worker to live in them. Migrants are now basically a resource which factories work on. One factory requires 2 dorms with migrants in them. Dorms are also spawns. So if you build a dorm on the frontline, somebody can spawn inside it. It has a limit to the number of spawns however, so you must build more for more people to spawn in the area. Dorms also heal like quarters in classic.

Research - there is one research room per-team. Defend it at all costs. Use [E] to vote on the techs you want to get. Not all of them will be research so make smart decisions! The progression of the tree is a WORK IN PROGRESS! It might change.
    Factory - doesn't require scroll, it just needs tech unlocked in Research Room.

Trading posts still remain on the map. You can still buy tech scrolls for gold and put them in research room. This is a secondary route you can take if your team didn't research a certain technology. Prices are much higher, but there is an additional possibility of exchanging wood/stone for gold

Warboat - is now a moving base. you can spawn in them and change class.

Win condition - a team loses if their population (migrants + players) goes down to zero and the enemy takes their land. You can see the population counter on HUD and "UNDER ATTACK" when they are on your land.

There's also new maps and lots and lots of changes, additions and fixes. Too much for me to remember :)

miniu, Gurin, NinjaCell and 31 others like this.
  2. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Yess finally I can play this daily. I really DO hope though that majority of the new maps were harshly changed.

I'd like to do a general note, satchels are now a knight item. And it's best ever :QQ:

Guitarman, Gofio and Agnar like this.
  3. m0zzila

m0zzila Tree Planter

Good Job!
    We will see how this works out now. :)

4. galdrad

galdrad Shopkeep Stealer

Thanks! Good job! X3

5. This should be fun! Thanks!

6. blox863

blox863 Bison Rider

Looks good im going to try it out :D

7. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Looking forward to playing this with more players.

8. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

crashes when i try building Research in sandbox mode? the mill saw is available from the workbench but building it does nothing except consume resources?

rocker2 likes this.
  9. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

FINALLY!!! THANK THE LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Thank you for removing the fast mine "Feature". Now my wrists can stop hurting. :D

11. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

I was playing and started clicking to mine faster then 10 mins later I realized it does not work anymore :p

VanHuek likes this.
  12. Landoo2

Landoo2 Ballista Bolt Thrower

its all very cool!
    i really like it!
    nice work MM and Geti:thumbs_up:

Agnar and CrystalClear like this.
  13. Wargod-Loki

Wargod-Loki Haxor

The face when a water arrow hit me first time - :huh?:

The face when i bomb taged with archer a enemy with shield up - :p

The face when i pushed with a water bomb an enemy from a cliff to death - :B):

Great work, its sooo fun, 3/3 face points! :thumbs_up: xD

ParaLogia likes this.
  14. NKking

NKking KAG Escadrille Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Big thanks for fixing bugs, but the update content is a mess especially factories.
    1) With the new research mechanics stuff like ARL etc. wont work properly.
    2) New kegs are bomberman copy and explosions are just destroying maps and not well balanced in terms of how kegs destroy dirt and stone for example. Must explode on collision. Mines hould deploy faster and enemies mustn't be able to pick them up.
    3) To easy to rush non water maps will just provoke people to rush. I won 2 games like that by destroying enemy team after a few mins. from the match start.
    4)Nice idea with arrows but I don't see how is that logical that water stunts people.
    5) Haven't noticed bugs, but one problem was when you light satchel and throw it returns in your inventory.
    Good critics are always useful.
    So far a nice update In terms of amount of content added , but too messy.

15. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

this patch is really weird. i dont think i like the dozens of dorms and their messy layouts

Fate and 16th like this.
  16. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

It is very good when you have to face angry mob and someone can stun them.

17. NKking

NKking KAG Escadrille Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

It is nice mechanic and even seams to be balanced, but >water >stunts , that doesn't make any sense. I understand that devs want to merge abilities so that water bottle extinguishes fires and stunt.

18. driecoolguy36

driecoolguy36 Shopkeep Stealer

Cool update. I like the dorms, it actually encourages people to build big bases, which are always fun to blow up. The main problem, with me at least, is the lag. Even if my ping is 33, the lag is absolutely terrifying. Otherwise, awesome (especially the water bombs, but water arrows get annoying when your teammates keep hitting you with them /:

19. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

My last day of school, come home and this is released. This is gonna be a good summer.

Robinskie and Bint like this.
  20. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

Won't be able to play it much right now, as I have work. I'll be looking forward to playing it at around 2am though. This update will get me through today's hard labor. And for that, I thank you :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.