1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 827

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, Jul 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Quick patch.
    Changes 825-827:

Digger101, Guitarman, amgtree and 5 others like this.
  2. XenoBuscus

XenoBuscus Ballista Bolt Thrower

cool cant wait to try it :D

3. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

So when will the modders make "War"
    btw I like the change of name so this adds room for another gamemode

4. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

How about gamemode called Siege, one team attacks and other defends, time limit, respawn limit for defending team, objective is simple for attacking team, it's to destroy or capture the point inside the defenders base, attacking team must collect gold to buy tech and items, only wooden structures are allowed for attacking team, at new round teams simply switch around.

paradoxicalenigma likes this.
  5. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Do you mean the attacking team has a reaspawn limit, if the defenders had that they would never win. Then this would be like rush from the battlfield series. Its a fun gamemode and I have suggest something like this before, but its kind of offtopic

6. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Defending is easier than attacking, this is why defending team would have respawn limit..end of story.

7. Defending team should have respawn limit, attacking team should have time limit in which they must capture base. If time's up before base was captured, defending team wins. Easiest win conditions for "Siege" gamemode.

greyfox and LostPix like this.
  8. driecoolguy36

driecoolguy36 Shopkeep Stealer

Since you renamed current war to Take the Halls, do you plan on re instituting pre hall or even pre migrant war?

amgtree likes this.
  9. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

10. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

This happened in 825, and is still happening
    You need to fix the bug when you can't talk when your dead

Doesn't sound likea a major bug but still needs to be fixed....

11. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

It's not a bug but it's fucking evil.

12. KiAn

KiAn Bison Rider

I set up a beta server, but the map is reset every 10 seconds. How I can fix it? thx!

13. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

Wow, so when I tried out the 'Challange', I lagged so heavily, that the FPS was somewhere 5. Any way to fix this?

P.S. No, I won't get a new computer, Yes, I have updated drivers, and no, barrel roll doesn't work either.

14. eamono

eamono Arsonist

are you sure? Barrel rolls solve everything

My guess would be that your CPU can't handle a map that big, however, I know next to nothing about how this game effects the CPU and stuff, so take my opinion with a grain of salt

15. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I'm going to be doing some optimisation stuff this week and next, the challenge map is pretty gigantic though. Try different options like faster graphics mode, fullscreen/windowed, and making sure theres nothing going on in the background (close your web browser).

We've found a few performance bottlenecks though and will be addressing them ASAP - its a fine balancing act between fixing bugs and making improvements as always.

16. cschm49

cschm49 Shopkeep Stealer

Glad I wasn't the only one

17. Oguh

Oguh Builder Stabber

Ok so I found out what I hate. There is so many ways to make wrong decisions in this game, from researches to make to what shop to build and how many and right now there is a pretty clear answer to all of that. Seeing the team getting it all wrong is infuriating :(. Same thing with the way the bases need to be build.

That's the main difference with classic. In classic you can hardly ever fuck up. You make towers, some are better than other but in the end they are ok. You make shops, as many as you like and you can't make a wrong one. Having to run around fixing the base start to get not so fun.
    It's probably because of the sale which looks like it attracted more people to beta (and congrats for that!) but it was still a problem before.

To put it bluntly: classic is idiot proof. If you could find a way to make this game too it would be great.

18. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

lulz

19. Oguh

Oguh Builder Stabber

Comparatively speaking :p.

20. eamono

eamono Arsonist

I somewhat agree, but in classic most towers were cookie-cutter, but in beta I see a variety of different towers being built. all tech paths are pretty equal, and if I don't like what the team picked I can just go to our mega tree farm to get gold to buy the tech.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.