1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build Server Issues + Revert

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Hey guys, some might have noticed a new build come out of OSX/Linux but not make it to windows - the windows build machine is unable to push to release at the moment, so we’re totally reverting the build now, and will work on getting the next version re-released ASAP.

Sorry for any confusion or hassle in the meantime, we’ll be working to get the issues sorted out come Monday.

Thanks for bearing with us!

Cheers,
    Max/Geti

2. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

Is it all right for me to ask what was in the build or do i have to wait?

3. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

Yeah, I just wonder if mechanisms in single player will be finally released, or do we have to wait another month or two?
    It's kinda ridiculous half a year passed and this feature is still a dream. Btw. I know this is probably not going to happen, but I think it would be cool to have mechanisms on CTF maps (I am not talking about builders being able to build them but map creators should be able to put some. One or two traps on the map should not be bad.).

whisper_dan and Vamist like this.
  4. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

After having played with franek a bit on the test build, I can tell the best way to build them is ingame. You can moreover get the mechanisms mod someone did and run a server with it to test them out. If you check the new TDM maps, you will see how hard it would be to make the maps in an image editor, as most of the mechanisms blocks have 4 different positions (similar to platforms). If you want to make a CTF map with mechs make the png then build the mechs ingame, and it's petty fast using the /savemap command and the image editor at the same time.

5. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

Tbh I did not play much on TDM servers so I don't even know how many new "blocks" will be added. Waiting for mechanisms in sandbox. I made a tunnel to THD HQ and I know mechanisms will be added in this build.
    But yeah, building them ingame probably would be the best way. Also Asu told me they won't work on vanilla CTF server so, it's no for ctf+mechanism :rektlord:.

6. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Them "not working" on ctf server is just a simple lack of the required rules scripts in vanilla CTF. They're easy to add, just compare the TDM and CTF gamemode.cfgs.

Next build has mechanisms+building them in sandbox (with a much nicer interface than the initial gigantic menu), as well as tens of quality-of-life changes, with a slight focus on builders (unfortunately no rewrite though). There's a lot of changes there and there'll be a post outlining it once it's out.

FoxyLady, franek123, kodysch and 4 others like this.
  7. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

Did you get a chance to try the builder that @Rayne and friends cooked up? with the swinging axe and all?

8. Geti

Of course, but it was never finished and not polished enough for inclusion into vanilla at that point, and Rayne is "afk" at the moment so its very much on hold.

kodysch likes this.