1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Builders are the "Support" class, not the "Defence" class

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bobotype, Apr 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobotype

bobotype Catapult Fodder

Think about it
    Catapults/ballistae are for attacking stationary large targets, not meant for defence
    Undermining
    Building workshops for allies to get supplies and ammo, as well as facilitating the tech tree in TTH of all the classes' "special" items
    Building siege ladders, trampolines, bridges, sponges, etc

Don't call the Builder the Defence class, because while they can be defensive, their true role is supporting, working around environmental obstacles for team-mates as well as creating them for the enemy.

kodysch likes this.
  2. Bint

Bint Haxor

We take our terminology very seriously here :rektlord:

3. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

im glad you cleared this up; i have been confused ever since my 1st game many moons ago

4. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

With this logic every class is the support class, because every class has the goal of winning the match for the team.

NinjaCell, Apronymous and Noodle_ like this.
  5. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

> Makes a thread just to continue an argument from another thread where almost everyone has already disagreed with him

Noburu and MarktheStapler like this.
  6. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

@bobotype confirmed worst poster 2014.

MarktheStapler and Nighthawk like this.
  7. epenow

epenow Oppressed banana cookie
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

dont get me wrong, builder is kinda fucked with all the destructive power there is these days, but yeah, your wrong.

Might wanna change your posting strategy

8. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

o wow. i did knot no this. i have bean playing builder for years now and always i thought builders built things to keep people OUT! imagine my surprise to learn that my hole way of understanding my preferred class was wrong. in future I will be sure to not keep making this same mistake and playing incorrectly. thank you for this insight (it will help me beat @Yagger, who is always confused about this class)

Seriously though, if you want to class builder as "support" there are a myriad of conceptual & terminological problems. I wrote a full paragraph on why you were a wrong, bad, sad man for suggesting the idea, let alone for creating a thread about it... but then I deleted it bc for crying out loud what does it matter??

Additionally, these kinds of thread should be posted in the correct place. If they need to exist at all (which, really, they don't).

Sir_Walter, Noburu, 101i and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.