1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Building/digging speed tied to proximity of enemies.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Didgedy, Jan 16, 2016.

?

Is this a decent idea?

1. Folk no.

14 vote(s)
    70.0%
  2. Folk yeah.

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  3. No, but I wholeheartedly agree, that this is an issue that should be adressed, although better.

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
Mods: Rainbows
  1. Didgedy

Didgedy Arsonist

Basically the idea is this-

The speed at which a builder can build things or dig through blocks would be reduced depending on how many enemy team members are nearby.

Example-

A builder has 2 enemies within a 15 block distance of him, thus, his building/tunneling speed is reduced by, say, 33% for each enemy (IE 1=33%, 2=55%, 3=70%), maybe some other calculation would be better, but that is the general idea.

Why?

A. Builders can build a wall between a threat and themselves by the time the threat can cross half the distance. A breach in a wall can be plugged in literally less than 2 seconds. Limiting this ability to create obstacles this quickly would, in my opinion, make the game less frustrating when attacking.

B. Tunnelers are very annoying for the defending team. A tunneler will usually resist any attempt to kill him, and provide a major distraction from the actual fighting, requiring delicate surgery and help from other teammates to deal with one builder

Results-

1. Builders will be more encouraged to swap to knight/archer when defending their work.

2. The battles will happen above ground more often, yet still room for tunnels in case of strong turtling.

3. Less fortifications being built right in the middle of a battle

Magmus, Vamist and mcrifel like this.
  2. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

I say it the speed should only ever get reduced by 50% at max, 70% you might as well give up at life,

3. Didgedy

Didgedy Arsonist

I will agree that, perhaps, the numbers are far too harsh, but I wanted to know if you agree with the general idea (title). 50% reduction for 3 enemies would be big enough, i'd say, but I still believe that build-speed should be reduced in the middle of a battle.

4. Hospitalizer

Hospitalizer Shopkeep Stealer

I think the opposite would be nice :hammer::r_flex:
    When fight tunneler scum one mush have mats, drills and skills or just wasting ur time:X3:

5. L3fty

L3fty Bison Rider Staff Alumni

I thought the suggestion would be the opposite to encourage builders from mine-crafting in spawn.

To your #1. - Average builder will not switch classes, they run back to spawn, neither the builder who is loaded with mats.

Your #2 & #3. If you dont want a forward builder to tunnel or make middle wall advancements., it sounds like you don't want a forward builder at all. How else can they fight their way thru? They are not Gregs, and dont fly ::):.

Imagine 2fort gamemode where only knights and archers can leave base. Result = Super large forts, good luck penetrating without builder.

SirDangalang likes this.
  6. Forsooth

Forsooth Catapult Fodder

This seems like a terrible suggestion to me. Builders are intended to have things to contribute on the front line; you're not supposed to have your entire team convert to archers or knights the moment there's fighting nearby. That would be boring.

Mods: Rainbows