1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

building tips with the chief part 2

Discussion in 'Builder' started by master-chief, Jul 15, 2012.

1. master-chief

master-chief Arsonist

this time i will be giving tips on what blokes can do along with the 2.0 ver of the oldtower this time it has a overhang and is archer and catapult frendley. now for the tips.
    1. gold takes no damige from falling blokes.
    2. in some maps gold can be vary hard to find and in some it is plentiful.
    3. when you run out of stone just look for it. dont panic or you may end up doing something dumb.
    i will be posting 3 tips with a new ver of the tower in every one of these. and people i only post the tower to get your opions on it and to ask you to tell me what to build on it next. i keep telling you that you can change the hight and whith but it hasto have the same bottam door design so stop whining about how it would cost so much and it doesent take a long time to build only like 2 to 3 minitues to get the resoruses and 1 minitue to build. dont focus on the low doors there made like the first one but without trap doors. for the resorues it uses it makes up for it by being vary hard to get in to by builders knights and archers

Attached Files:

Ej and Rayne like this.
  2. KnightGabe13

KnightGabe13 Arsonist

How about, instead of making a new thread for every tower upgrade, you could edit the first post in the original thread, and wrap each "part" in spoilers tags. It would be alot less spammy, and it would still get the same point across. :thumbs_up:

On-Topic: Bedrock under this one means they can't dig under it anymore, but it can still be bombed/catapulted.

3. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

Also, everybody knows these tips except for the first one.
    If you run out of stone, "recycle" it from enemies/enemy towers and only put it where neccesary.

For the tower:
    Knights can get in too easily due to door being low.
    We cant see whats going in inside, but i guess same as "version 1" so thats still bad and very resource intensive.
    Archers have very limited and bad angels to shoot out of.
    Only straight forward or straight down.

4. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

Aww It looks good, better than the first your project, but the doors are definitely too low...

PS: And I Agree with KnightGabe: You should add these ideas to the first topic, rather than create new ones ;P

5. CoD

CoD Haxor

I like the overhang and that's it, everything else is the same; waste of resources, waste of time, easy to infiltrate.
    Everyonr knows those tips, alot of people know about the first one.
    And yeah you've always got to watch out for

short_round, Yess and KnightGabe13 like this.
  6. master-chief

master-chief Arsonist

theses are for tips not the tower the tower i put in to give you guys some ideas.
    the doors go 3 blokes in then goes up intuil the other opening and it would take knights over 5 minitues to break throw all of them. and the doors are like this so that the knights would have to go fowerd then up then fowerd. and these tips are for new players the tower is just a so i can see what we can build toghter ill take back that it is knight prof but it would take them over 5 minitues so by that time all your allys have respwaned and are fighting them. and with the thickenss of it a cata would take about 30 sceonds if it has enoth stone and bombs lol why would you say that, they would need a lot of them. now i leftsome back wall off so that you can see the changes iv made

7. CoD

CoD Haxor

You don't unfderstand though, this tower is completely impractical by the time you have all those resources and have built the castle your team would've lost. In my opinion try and build somethif quicker to get up and uses less resources. This isn't very good.

short_round and Miauw62 like this.
  8. Waste of resources. I give it 1/10. It's not great. Needs improvement. The cata spot is horrible. Any good archer could take it out in a few minutes. If you wanna make a practical tower, make it need less resources. Also, It can be tunneled under.

This is a better tower that uses less resources and better:
    [​IMG]

RadioActive likes this.
  9. Bammboo

Bammboo Ballista Bolt Thrower

What the hell is that in the minimap to the left?

dragon4045 and RadioActive like this.

10. I just built this in a random generated map. I don't look in the mini map much.

And back on topic, sorta. Chief, never put doors near the ground. Knights can take them out in a minute.

11. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

Bammboo - best comment ever :D
    :p Master I hope that in the 3rd part of your tips, we will not have give them to you :D

12. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

I agree with CoD, this tower is resource intensive as fuck, a builder could easily ladder over it, archer angels are horrid, cata angels are horrid.

Next time you make a tower, dont call it "building tips with the chief".

EDIT:
    And to your edits

IT DOESNT MAKE UP FOR THE RESOURCE COSTS
    YOU'LL END UP BEING USELESS TO YOUR TEAM WHILE BUILDING THIS.

13. CoD

CoD Haxor

Call it " look at this the chief beeds building tips"

short_round and Miauw62 like this.
  14. master-chief

master-chief Arsonist

lol why do you people still say that knights can get pased it by breaking the doors they dont go strate! and you can make this 4 blokes wide if you whant even 3 it doesent matter there are two over hangs and you could make this 1 bloke high i dont give a fuck its the desing that matters not the with or hight thats what makes this not resorce intence

Attached Files:

15. Brandon816

Brandon816 Ballista Bolt Thrower

One archer nest with contained bed should come standard with any planned out tower. It doesn't matter how strong your tower is if it has more blind spots than an 18-wheeler.

16. master-chief

master-chief Arsonist

dose it realy f**king matter because i can just put thoses in any where

17. SirSammy

SirSammy Shark Slayer

dose matta!11! can not haz workzhopz out in open(SPAAAAACEEE) so aRChers can peck on it!11 dey will get da moneyyzyzyzyz

dragon4045 likes this.
  18. ikr. tey cna g3t l3ke 30 monyz. it r wste of resources.

Seriously, don't act like your towers, tactics and such are pro. They aren't. Work on your building skills and all that jazz before you put out "pro" tips. I'm also not writing this to be mean or anything. It's just that your building skills need improvement. Also, please don't make your 3rd tip thread so fast.

Me: "You don't scare me, work on it"

Miauw62 and SirSammy like this.
  19. ComboBreaker

ComboBreaker Horde Gibber

Chief,main rule of a builder is building something usefull in a short ammount of time with a minimum resources used.250/250 is the biggest ammount you can afford to yourself,and even then you should be able to put something up with 100/100 or even less.

I can build an xbawkshuge tower in sandbox,make a screenshot and call it "Titan" but it would not be practicall,because it would be impossible to recreate it on the battlefield in a short ammount of time.Also huge towers are an obstacle for your teammates trying to get to the front and sometimes can be harming your team more than the opposing team.

Also,please,if you have problems with grammar,at least check it in "Word" or something similar before posting.Im not a native english speaker,but even for me it is hard to read and take your posts seriously.Take care.

20. theres a good way to screw this tower over...
    block front entrance with stone, then ladder up, and block off archer hole and grief through the wall left of you. one of many ways.

all big buildings must have multiple entrances and exits!

this tower would most likely have to be used as a backup tower/base tower/end-game tower