1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Buy Premium

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dayleaf, Mar 5, 2014.

1. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

i was thinking in buying premium, but im not sure, because the 50% of classic KAG players says that it sucks, and one guy said to me that is always empty, is that true? (the empty thing) , for me, it looks good and fun but im not sure, what do you think about the game?

Last edited: May 10, 2015
  2. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Probably he meant that Classic is empty lol.

Yea you should it, it's on Steam so it has way more players. Also it's WAY better once you get used to it.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  3. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

I would say, definitely buy it! It is never empty (at least in my timezone). Don't trust those dirty classic players, they know nothing of the majesty of beta. Here's to seeing you soon!

FuzzyBlueBaron and kedram like this.
  4. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

thanks guys, well maybe the guys who said that is empty , he was refering to classic, because the 75% of players went to beta!

well see you there (maybe)

5. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

The full version is different. I like it way more myself. But you will have to learn playing again. And many classic players don't like being a noob again.

6. Xtu

Xtu Catapult Fodder

LEL

Whereas the Beta is the worst thing happened to this game, you should revise your opinion. All the alpha players are gone for a good reason. If you find that classic Kag is empty, you might be surprised with the beta :wink:

Classes have been unbalanced due to the knight class which is still overpowered. Archers are more than useless and the knights are flying. You have to be stupid to play this class, devs have made shit with. LEL
    Morevover, the wave caused by Steam players has completely disappeared.

Proof of the failure of this new version.::D:

A beautiful waste.

7. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Most Classic players which are gone were gone before Beta actually.
    And yes, Classic is dead, 50 players last time I checked. While release version has between 70 (rarely) and 250.

8. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Classic is not dead @Mazey
    a look at kag.ques.to always shows, at least, 2 or 3 servers among the most populated.

When i began to play Beta, with the silent release, I was always frustrated, since none of my strategies worked and the hitboxes are bigger than it seems. What is more, getting used to the Beta pace, movement and game flow is not easy if you come from Classic. Beta has way more possibilites than Classic, but the later, and his choppy aesthetic, bald builders and skybridges is great too.

9. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

You should buy it. The 50% of people who say it sucks are really just people who either:
    1. Are not the best at the game.
    2. Are veterans of classic and feel like massive noobs due to the massively different play style of classic
    or 3. Are just really pissed the fuck off cause there's players who're better than they are and are just mopping the bloody floors with them. (Which is almost everyone who's played this game far too long.
    It's your choice however. The only bit of advice I have. Play the tutorial first, then go to a random server with a small amount of players in it. Would be less chaotic than the other more popular servers.
    I feel your pain 8x. When I first played Beta... I raged so damn hard most of the times when I played... never could land a single effing hit. Movement confused me as well, and the new ways of combat also confused me.. I was like "Holy shit this game's hard..." D:

I know how you feel about beta. I had almost the same issues and complaints as you do. The only thing currently ruining the game's popularity is the classic veterans and obviously classic itself. The reason why this official release is suffering is cause of the people who decided to play with classic first. It's totally different in many ways from beta, and has a massive learning curve issue.

It's not a beautiful waste just so you know.
    Here's an idea... how about you try to make a game for about.. 2 years. Suddenly scrap your first version in order to write newer version of the game you spent 2 years developing... (since the planned ideas you had in the first place couldnt be done with the current engine, thus making a good amount of people sad about it since development for the they game they spent like.. 10 bucks on is no longer being touched) then get thousands upon thousands of complaints about how difficult it was in relation to classic... or even complaints about how much of a bad idea it was.
    Just suck it up and thanks for the money scrub. You're really helping the devs alot with your contribution. :P

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  10. LEL LEL LEL LEL so well thought out.

Honestly, I don't think Classic is in any way better than release - two archers working together could fend off a lone knight every time, physics was wonky, double slashes often missed, etc... before you go "HURR HURR DIS GUY MUS BE STEAMIE" I've been around a fair while.

11. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I wasn't accusing him as a steamie. o-o
    Oh and... did you mean that Classic had problems? Or what...? :o

12. Essentially, yes. I did mean that. While it was fun, infuriating stalemates often arose, especially in ticket matches where a builder could hold a tower near indefinitely unless he ran out of resources or the knights got very lucky with bombs.

Bombs were much heavier, which made them a close quarters attack - not the all-around anti infantry attack it is now. While you could throw it further, you had to charge up a slash first and of course, that left you open.

A full charge arrow in classic always stuns if it connects. If you have two archers synchronising their shots, they'll break the shield on the first hit, and deal damage on the second. That was a simple, and near skill-less way of holding off enemy advances.

I could go on. One realises that part of why buildings are weaker in Release is to expedite the game - with the block strength of Classic with no kegs, it took a very long time for games to end.

13. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Hmm.. I almost forgot about those really really annoying stalemates of old. They still sorta go on now honestly. It all depends on how tall and thick the wall is, how many players rage quit... and the number of knights vs the number of builders on a single team... or how competent the team is... annnd how experienced said team is. o-o

Stalemates could also happen if both sides have amazing players who'd just go through some really bloody tug of war. Of course, stalemates do go on a bit shorter than they used too.. so that's good. :D

14. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

You should definitely buy beta, sure you'll have to basically relearn the game all over again, but the game has more of a future than classic. KAG beta has way more modding support, a larger active community, and so on.

FuzzyBlueBaron and Sir_Walter like this.
  15. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

If i buy it, is there any way to get refunded? the Credit Card is not mine

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  16. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

@dayleaf check your inbox, you might find a present :migrant:

17. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

yep Vampire, im 18- xD

18. that was cool man.

19. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Props. 8x. ::)::thumbs_up: