1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Windows Can no longer connect to servers

Discussion in 'Help' started by ShnitzelKiller, Jan 4, 2017.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

First off, I am absolutely sure my internet/computer is correctly set up to play KAG, because the only thing I changed since the last time I was playing KAG without problems was the KAG screen resolution via the launcher. Now, when connecting to any server (with ample slots available), the loading screens will pass by (loading blobs and authenticating on server both finish), I will be taken back to the server browser with the little message box at the top saying "connecting to <server>", then that box disappears and nothing happens. I'm just staring at the server browser, which usually happens briefly before the game launches, except this time nothing happens at all, no matter how long I wait. When KAG was working correctly, the mouse would freeze at this stage anyway, indicating that it was working to launch the game. This no longer happens and it's really just as if I never hit connect to begin with.
    No warning or error messages appear. I have tried changing the screen resolution, fullscreen/windowed, etc, nothing works.

Operating system: Windows 10
    I'm using the Steam client.

2. RedOTheWisp

RedOTheWisp Ballista Bolt Thrower Official Server Admin

Have you tried to join the server again after it fails to work? This happens to me quite often and trying until it loads correctly seems to work.

3. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

That used to work for me too, but now it doesn't.
    I wonder if the 14 players online has something to do with this.

4. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

I had the same problem, il post it when I'm on my PC. It has something to do with you have to run kag in administration mode now, just to have normal connection and resolution.

EDIT:So, try running kag in administration mode, If that does not work, check anti-virus (common free ones like AVG block the game or lets it connect) or run compatibility mode, for windows 8.

With the recent update, servers are crashing a lot more. Delta bug (Kicks/crashes games because of blobs going over max ID, or something else to do with blobs) is affecting all servers, official ones and normal/modded servers. So you could have joined when that happened.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  5. jonipro

jonipro Haxor Tester
    1. Terracraft's Servers

Oh yes,the deltas are failing. I trough it was bananamans !morph but it doesnt seem like that anymore...

6. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

Na, its all of kag, even on official servers.

7. jonipro

jonipro Haxor Tester
    1. Terracraft's Servers

R.I.P Kag code..

8. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Logs, guys, logs. Anything that might help us find where the bug is is highly appreciated.

9. jonipro

jonipro Haxor Tester
    1. Terracraft's Servers

You want logs,well. theese are just 2 of the logs where it happends.

Attached Files:

10. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I'm unsure if I'm experiencing the same error, but I've become unable to join servers in the past few minutes. Sometimes the server list doesn't get any servers at all. There is one message that I noticed a lot in the console logs:

"The THD API server reports being down for maintenance (getSteamIDCheck) status 10503"

I don't know if it's relevant. Example logs attached.

EDIT: The problem on my end seems temporarily resolved, after I restarted several times.

Attached Files:

Kazaco97 likes this.
Mods: makmoud98, Mazey