1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Can Someone Nerf Ballistas??????

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by abels, Jun 8, 2015.

?

Should Ballistas get Nerfed?

1. Yes

2. I am LedgendBeta, so NO.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Mods: Rainbows
  1. abels

abels Yes. Yes i am Abel to do it!!! Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

Soooo after countless matches of playing with @LegendBeta we always end up spamming ballistas, ending the game by a 'vote next map', so i propose they get nerfed...

:dance::dance::teabag::migrant::dance::dance::teabag::migrant::dance::dance::teabag:
    Ways:
    The price of normal ballista bolts and explosive bolts prices should be separated, the explosive bolts costing say 50 coins for 8 bolts (but instead of each explosive bolt taking two regular ones, it uses one explosive bolt). and the normal bolts costing 30 coins for 14 bolts (considering they are useless anyway)

Delay the first use of ballista by needing to research it i.e. needing to deposit 150 gold into the siege shop.

:dance::dance::teabag::migrant::dance::dance::teabag::migrant::dance::dance::teabag:
    Here is a link to a video that will give you an idea of how OP they are. The video was recorded in 720p so you may want to minimize it for better results.
    (please be aware it is supposed to be crap so pls no haters :)
    !!!If your not tagged in it theres not much point watching to after the illuminate!!!
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B81ItE7y8Z5VY2tOekJIWFpoUkU&authuser=0
    ^^double click on the video^^

@Umel1_X @jarrydthysse @tru0067 @LazikLion @Geti @Ponis
    other people: Shisn0, oxfordconsis, Kryneon.

I Don't really care how they are nerfed but they Are too OP.

Anonymuse likes this.
  2. LegendBeta

LegendBeta Shopkeep Stealer

Ballista needs a buff, they are too weak actually.

Also who is LedgendBeta ? seems like an awesome guy though.

EDIT: You slut, no nerf for ballistas plz otherwise riceandnoodles will not cry.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
    abels likes this.
  3. abels

im sowwy :(

4. Umel1_X

Umel1_X Baka Police Donator

Mfw I never did any of the things depicted in the video. Why was I tagged.
    Let it be known that I do not condone Ballista camping nor the Cancer displayed in the video.

J-man2003 and abels like this.
  5. tru0067

tru0067 Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester

Let me tell you the story of this match.

Le me.
    Spawns.
    Uses tunnel.
    Exits base.
    Kills reds.
    Gets team killed by keg drop.
    Repeat.

abels likes this.
  6. LegendBeta

LegendBeta Shopkeep Stealer

Everyone deserves to get rekt by me.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 8, 2015, Original Post Date: Jun 8, 2015 ---
    MY GOD, MOTHER OF GOD!

I just watched the video the full way through and wow...

1: You recorded my sick ass triple keg kill (two on same team it's all good though ;-;)

2: I left the server at EXACTLY the same time the server crashed, in-fact just before it crashed.
    So what does that say, coincidence, I think NOT!

abels likes this.
  7. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

The Ballista has already been nerfed in the past. It's fine the way it is. All it takes is two bomb arrows to destroy a Ballista.

You can also deflect ballista bolts by either shooting them out of the air as archer, or slashing/jabbing them as a knight.

As a side note, I wish the vehicle code wasn't such a huge mess. It would be nice if the Ballista had an inventory, and could switch between bolt types at will. This would also let you separate regular and bomb bolts in the shop, and opens up possibilities for different types of bolts (modding).

J-man2003 and SirDangalang like this.
  8. abels

XDD you left, and the ebola exceeded 9000 = crashed server
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 8, 2015 ---
    Mfw, you cant deny the video of glitch abuse

9. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

The thing that needs to be nerfed about ballista is that it gives such long spawn protection, which is plain ridiculous on a larger server where people constantly spawn and capping a bal is close to impossible.
    I'd also be in favor of adding a coin cost to unlocking bomb bolts, say 250-300 coin, although that might create too big an advantage for a winning team with little chance for the other team to get their own bomb bolts.
    Oh and bomb bolts def need to be more expensive, I ususally buy 2 extra packs when I deploy bal because it doesnt cost much anyway.

SirDangalang, Draco1991 and Anonymuse like this.
  10. jarrydthysse

jarrydthysse Bison Rider
    1. Trueblue [TB]

Ballista's are fine, the only reason you want a nerf is because there where 5 of you guys sitting on your own one shooting. Any thing in a large amount gets op, like when most the server goes archer, people scream "SHOTGUN OP". Doesn't mean that is has to be nerfed.

johny98 likes this.
  11. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

The only problem with ballistas is the unpredictable way spawning and capping works. You can spawn from a ballista that's being capped, or even one that has been capped, immediately resetting the capture if it hasn't, so you can pretty much expect a knight to pop out of the ballista at the last second and start jab spamming while invincible.
    As for their attack power, it had better be strong after the careful task of setting them up, loading, defending and angling them correctly.

12. swagbot

swagbot Shopkeep Stealer

It looks like the problem is the map turns into an ocean, not that you were spamming ballistas. Fuck ocean maps.

13. whisper_dan

whisper_dan Ballista Bolt Thrower

If you want to cry about ballista's then I think regular knight bombs need to be nerfed also.

kodysch, Blue_Tiger and TheDirtySwine like this.
  14. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Bomb radius is absolutely retarded, but that's for another thread.

As for ballistas, the capping/spawning is a freaking joke I agree. I'm not sure what they should do to fix this. Possibly eliminate spawning all together, but buff the health of ballistas?

abels, PUNK123 and kodysch like this.
Mods: Rainbows