1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Can we bring back rubble please ;-;

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by asger75, Aug 18, 2016.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. asger75

asger75 Haxor

I left kag for about 2 years and this year I came back to kag, yet... one of my favourite things had gone, bring back the rubble
    Rubble was by far the best thing in the entire game.
    everyone spam #bringbacktherubble

2. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

rubble?

bru-jaz likes this.
  3. jimmyzoudcba

jimmyzoudcba Haxor Tester

Hmm. I think in that sense a reworked collapse/explosive system would be better. AKA like what Rob does in Wizard Wars.

4. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I think when buildings collapsed, they dropped some of the materials they were made out of. This was a kag classic thing iirc, but I've witnessed a couple times where collapsing a building drops like 2 stone in release (not recently), which is maybe a remnant of this system.

I like the idea, honestly. Maybe it would be annoying collapsing an enemy's structure only to have them rebuild it with the materials dropped by the collapse, but I feel like most collapses are tiny walls in the middle area of a map, and building in mid sucks right now so anything to make that more fun is welcome imo.

5. asger75

asger75 Haxor

Rubble was an extra block that you could jump on to get rid of, rubble appeared whenever a large amount of stone landed on the ground, rubble is great

An extra note: I remember a map made of completely rubble, and it was fun as hell.

ERmh... example of rubble: it's kinda like the breakable ice in terraria, you know when you stand on it it breaks.

(only older kag players will know about rubble I guess then)
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 18, 2016, Original Post Date: Aug 18, 2016 ---
    Rubble can be shown well in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruaN7qeVmg4
    along with the old creative mode style thingy with x to place blocks and so on

bru-jaz likes this.
  6. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Yeah I know what you're talking about. We took it out because making it work (as it was implemented) with box2d was a real pain. It'd be doable with custom tiles probably but certainly not easy + handling collapses gets very complicated then.

There was also bugs in the rubble formation from collapses that could lead to you getting more stone out of a single block than you put in (as people discovered and abused) so we were glad to be rid of it. It did make for some fun single player maps though :)

For those wondering - it wasn't just materials, but physical, very fragile tiles left behind from a collapse. Touching them would make them shatter into a few rocks that could be picked up for stone resources. You had to clear the rubble before you could really build on an area because obviously rubble makes pretty shitty foundations.

There seems to be precious little stuff about it on youtube, unfortunately.

I can't see us re-adding rubble any time soon I'm afraid, sorry!

PUNK123, jimmyzoudcba and Vamist like this.
  7. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

@Chrispin other modders got so popular that everyone thinks every mod is created by one person, show them who is the best modder ever!!! :>:(:

jimmyzoudcba likes this.
  8. jimmyzoudcba

lol I like most modders in the community <3
    Including Rob and Chrispin <3

9. asger75

asger75 Haxor

That's a pity :rektlord:

10. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

Then why did you just confuse Rob's mods with Chrispin's mod? :>:(:

11. asger75

asger75 Haxor

end the thread plz, this wasn't about modding shit

bru-jaz likes this.
  12. jimmyzoudcba

You noticed XD

And also I stil say that a reworked collapse would be better just because old rubble in new KAG would be hard on making and laggy too

Mods: Rainbows