1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Cannot Build Barracks

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Jackard, Jun 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

Category: KAG Client
    Build: 780
    Description: After creating the Building I attempt to upgrade to Barracks. This does not become a Barracks, instead consuming no stone and removing the Building.

[​IMG]

Apronymous likes this.
  2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Trying to reproduce now, you sure you patched correctly and completely though?
    Console logs would be all kinds of helpful in these kind of situations.

3. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

Nothing appears in the console when I attempt to upgrade to barracks.

Server is Black Death WAR
    my Sandbox
    my WAR

tried MM US Testing, it worked there

4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Means the server likely isn't patched properly then.

Sandbox in general is broken and should be ignored for the time being. It'll be fixed when we port the new war stuff into it.

5. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

How can that be when it doesn't work in my Sandbox or when hosting a WAR server myself?

6. Geti

See above for sandbox, for your war, repatch and try again. Nothing is special about MM's US server.

7. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

How do I force update? My WAR barracks are still not working despite the console saying I am up to date.

8. Geti

Delete app/version.txt. If >1 server isn't patching correctly something funny is going on and we'll have a look into it tonight

9. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

I followed this instruction and it still doesn't work.

10. Wargod-Loki

Wargod-Loki Haxor

Ermmm not sure if thats too simple.. but you know you gotta build a research building before you are able to make barracks? I first made also 6 wood backwall buildings till i realized i cant build a barracks without a research building xd
    (if it's not that ignore my post :>)

11. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

This must be the cause. The issue appeared on empty servers where research hadn't started.

Why are the Barracks available in the upgrade interface if they haven't yet been unlocked?
    Why does their tooltip not mention the research building?

12. Wargod-Loki

Wargod-Loki Haxor

Propably the testers didnt realize or it has been realized, but the bug hasnt been merged out yet :>

They should be locked indeed when no research builded yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.