1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

"Can't downoad servers list"

Discussion in 'General Help' started by cds894, Apr 10, 2012.

1. cds894

cds894 Builder Stabber

When ever I go to the server list a box pops up with an error,
    "Can't downdload servers list.
    Please check your internet connection.
    If it is OK this might be a temporary problem please try again later."

There is nothing wrong with my connection, and this is a reoccurring problem.
    Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Kagesha

Kagesha KAG Guard Tester

Try reinstalling and make sure you are updated to the latest build (353), remember disable any anti-virus protection/firewall software.

3. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Hi cds894, please do what Kagesha said and report back. In case this seems to be a permanent issue, the good news is that the server browser backend code is being 100% replaced in a few weeks so these kinds of problems should go away. The new system will use normal https traffic, so antivirus/security firewall and crappy home routers won't have a problem with it

4. cds894

cds894 Builder Stabber

Reinstalled kag and still getting the error message, although it won't update from 352 to 353.
    </br>--- merged: Apr 11, 2012 6:16 PM ---</br>
    Kag updated to 359 and even with antivirus disabled I'm still getting the error.

5. FliesLikeABrick

Thanks cds. I'm still thinking about this, but the good news is that it'll definitely be fixed within the next few weeks as I replace the server browser code.

6. cds894

cds894 Builder Stabber

Thanks for the help anyway.

7. FliesLikeABrick

You're welcome - it's problems like yours which are making it a high priority for replacing all of the server reg/browser code. If I have enough free time this week, there could possibly be a fix out by next week

8. cds894

cds894 Builder Stabber

Sorry this is a little late but as of build 360 this problem has been fixed. Thanks again for all the help.