1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Cant get my server working.

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by evol_nomad, Jan 13, 2012.

1. evol_nomad

evol_nomad Bison Rider

I have made my server everythings right but when I click on my server on the server list it says: Please check the address again and make sure the server is running.

How do I get it running???

2. Bly

Bly Ballista Bolt Thrower

Maybe try and restart you computer
    EDIT or restart your server

3. trelawney

trelawney KAG Guard Tester

Switching a PC off and on again is a joke in system administration... (Best illustrated in the comedy series IT Crowd). It is not a cure-all, and certainly not an excuse to start following every help request in order to suggest it.

Evol_nomad, you have to provide a bit more information on your particular setup. Operating System for one...

4. Pitbull7

Pitbull7 Shopkeep Stealer

Ok the same thing happened to me it is on the list but then it says makes sure u have the right ip adress or that the server is running Some Info of my server
    I am running on a windows 7 computer
    I am really annoyed howit is still not working
    i hope this is enough information to help u help me

5. SirSalami

SirSalami THD Team THD Team Administrator

Hello evol_nomad and Pitbull7,

If your server is on the same LAN as the client you're trying to connect with, you will not be able to join via the master server. However, if you use the 'connect to' button in the multiplayer menu of kag, you can enter the servers LOCAL ip address ":" port (50301 by default) there and should be able to connect successfully.

To find the local ip of your server pc, in windows, goto the start menu -> run. type 'cmd'. You'll be at a prompt, then type ipconfig /all and copy the "IP address" there. Then, on your client machine, enter that IP:50301 into KAG. (ex. 192.168.1.1:50301)

Keep in mind, everyone outside of your LAN will be able to connect via the master server as usual.

Hope this helps!

6. Pitbull7

Pitbull7 Shopkeep Stealer

thanks ill try it now