1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Can't join any server.

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Lanthorn, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Lanthorn

Lanthorn Catapult Fodder

From the moment I got KAG on my PC I've been unable to enter any server at all. It just says "Connection failed, Please check the address again and make sure the server is running.". But it says that every time, so I doubt it's because all of the servers I've been trying to join aren't running.

Any idea how to fix dis?

2. Ryu

Ryu Shopkeep Stealer

Have you tried configuring your firewall so it allows KAG to access internet?

3. Kagesha

Kagesha KAG Guard Tester

Either as above or try disabling some resource hogging anti-virus' or adding them to the exception list (norton, mcafee)

4. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Usually this has been caused by antivirus/security software which comes with a "Network Security" suite of some sort. Try disabling the network security portion, as that seems to break some game traffic

Please update us and let us know if you have solved the problem or need further help

5. Lanthorn

Lanthorn Catapult Fodder

I've tried, and it wasn't my anti-virus. :( I've also tried turning my firewall off, still couldn't connect to anything.

6. FliesLikeABrick

Hmmm. Would you be willing to meet with me on IRC at some point? I can try and do some testing with you to see if any of your traffic is reaching one of the servers I run.

7. Lanthorn

Lanthorn Catapult Fodder

Uhm, sure. I have no idea what IRC is though, is that a problem? :o. Also sorry about the late response, had a busy day yesterday. xD

8. FliesLikeABrick

9. Lanthorn

Lanthorn Catapult Fodder

Aha, I've created a Google Talk account. Uhm.. How do I PM? *Isterriblewithcomputers*

10. Ranged66

Ranged66 Bison Rider

click on his name and press start a conversation.

as easy as that.

11. Lanthorn

Lanthorn Catapult Fodder

Aha, I see. thanks. :D

12. FliesLikeABrick

I've received your PM - I'll get in touch with you some time in the next day or two. Sorry for the delay, but it's a holiday weekend in the US and I have some plans over the next couple days

13. Lanthorn

Lanthorn Catapult Fodder

Okay then, no problem. :) Got a 1week holiday myself, so I won't mind waiting.

Though, on wednesday I've got to go to my father, and will be unable to go onto this PC until the next wednesday.

14. Ranged66

Ranged66 Bison Rider

please dont double post, just edit your previous post.

15. laurentiu

laurentiu Ballista Bolt Thrower

Sorry for bumping this.

But you guys keep it so secret? I have this problem too. I used the search function but the problem I got only happened to people trying to join their own servers. For me, if the game somehow gets stuck after joining a server, I get this error everytime I try to join any server, closing the antivirus wont`work, restarting the game won`t work either. Only fully restarting my PC does the trick, but it`s not practicable.

16. FliesLikeABrick

ho laurentiu,

Can you message me on IRC, google talk (flieslikeabrick@gmail.com), or AIM (FliesLikeABrick)? I will look at this with you and try to find the problem

17. Draven

Draven Catapult Fodder

u got lucky i cant even find the "play" button. wtf! pls help!