1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Mac Engine KAG Can't type apostrophe

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Esther, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Esther

Esther Catapult Fodder

Category: KAG Client
    Operating system: Mac (Never tested on Linux. People in say that it works in Windows. Would be really nice if someone using Linux can test if it works.)
    Would be nice if someone could confirm it)
    Build number: 1085 (Don't remember the exact build that it started to happen)
    Description: There's no apostrophe. Nothing appears when I type apostrophe ('). It seems to happen only for Mac. I tried both with Steam client and the client you can download from kag2d.com
    It is really annoying because I use apostrophe a lot and it would be great if it's fixed!
    Steps to reproduce: Try to type apostrophe (') in chat.
    Screenshots/Videos: Don't really think that it's necessary

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  2. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

I use mac, and I have this problem as well.

3. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Which keyboard kind?
    I have an AZERTY one under Windows, no problem at all.
    Just that accessing console is a bit annoying. ( Ver. num, 7, Ver. num )

4. It's been around since kag was available for mac, yet its is just another thing that isn't as important and so has never been fixed. And for the classic Grammar Nazi this is horrible, but woteva. It's a very minor bug, yet common for those who are forced into having a mac >me.
    gg

5. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

As far as I know this happens with keyboards where pressing ' or " or ^ and probably some more does nothing but you have to press them twice ('', "", ^^), while pressing once just gives it once. Try changing keyboard settings?
    --- Double Post Merged, May 9, 2014, Original Post Date: May 1, 2014 ---
    What's up @Esther?