1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Catacomb Kids

Discussion in 'Other games' started by BlueLuigi, Dec 11, 2013.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

21 hours left on the KS as of this post.

Catacomb Kids is a procedurally generated platformer, with an equal emphasis on quick reactions, tactical engagement, and strategic character growth. Wield swords, spears, axes, and daggers -- unleash powerful magicks to burn, freeze and poison foes with -- overcome traps and beasts both deadly and unrelenting.

The goal is to make a game that is streamlined but not "simple"; a system where basic elements interact to create complex outcomes and stories. Lure monsters into combat with one another or take advantage of environmental hazards to trick your foes into their own bloody demise.

Or maybe just face them head on, tearing through enemies with the magical might of a hurricane, or as an unstoppable manifestation of brutal physical violence. Each Kid is randomly generated to guarantee a unique experience every time, but from that starting seed you can grow in whatever direction you wish.

This game isn't released yet, but I figured I'd make some of you aware of it, as I know a lot of people enjoy these types of games. There are many plans for stretch goals including multiplayer, which could be interesting in this sort of game. I'll remove this if unreleased games are not something wanted here.

goodyman8, Fucu and Fate like this.
  2. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

It looks pretty interesting, I dig the art style. Almost feels like a more in-depth Spelunky.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  3. Fucu

Fucu Ballista Bolt Thrower

Lovely find. I pitched about $50 within the last hour. Looking forward to it!

BlueLuigi likes this.
  4. JoshTG

JoshTG Ballista Bolt Thrower

combat looks sweet

Mods: BlueLuigi