1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Catapult Bunkers

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by superpokes, Jun 17, 2012.

1. superpokes

superpokes Bison Rider

For the people who don't know what is a catapult bunker, this is it
    [​IMG]

And they are very overpowered if the builder has a stone resource. It is hard to go through it, and if it has a tower above...

PD1: My english sucks
    PD2: If this is in the wrong section, move it or something. I don't know how the moderator thing works :p

SlyStalker, JacKD, Titmau5 and 7 others like this.
  2. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Last time i saw somebody building one was maybe in january. Do you remember a player called Chrabeusz?

3. superpokes

superpokes Bison Rider

I think I didn't play on January, I started later.
    I saw tking1st doing it on Beo's and pwning my team, and then I rage-quitted, did it on sandbox, took a screenshot and posted it on the forums :B):

4. CoD

CoD Haxor

I haven't actually seen this in Australia before and I've been playing since November. It is a very good tactic an I'm definetely going to incorporate it in more of my towers.

Digger101 and Gofio like this.
  5. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Sharks are way cooler than catapult bunkers. :<
    Funny thing is that's about 2 tiles off from being a primitive version of what sharks used to be 150 builds or so ago.

6. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

I remember this one! Been awhile since I've seen anyone use them though. It was called Trench Warfare, featured by Combo Breaker here.

Bluigi is right though, this is ancient, so ancient it needs revived. ;)

7. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I make my cata holes two spaces wide.

screen-12-06-18-21-24-01.png

Left = Practical shit I would actual build. Right = fancy pants version for minecrafters.

The little space under the fancy one is for catching bombs. Otherwise pretty self explanatory.

Ages ago Acavado made one that was completely protected from arrow fire, but it had more blindspots and was pretty glitch abusy.

GloriousToast, Gofio, Miauw62 and 4 others like this.
  8. killatron46

That one can still be 99% protected from archer fire by having a knight camp there with their shield.

CoughDrop and BlueLuigi like this.
  9. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I use one similar to what Acavado had made with the bunny, we codenamed those types the sharks a long time ago, they work very well, but they can be shot actually.

Gofio likes this.
  10. killatron46

I remember one time I did this a longgg time ago. I rushed the front line like normal, but my entire team was knights and I was the only builder, so they threw me all their materials and I made forward towers and eventually I setup a trench with a cata and an acavado trap on the front of it within firing range of their tent . . . To win a game 80-0 when we had started with 160-160 was so funny . . . They just raged so hard because they couldn't get anywhere near me. (Keep in mind too this was back when you could "build" a catapult out of 120 wood).

11. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

yah u c the fancy one has a ladder for exactly that. but mainly what i do, not just in cover but in general is just pick up the cata and shield

nother thing u can do is cover the pult with an op

PumpkingSlice and BlueLuigi like this.
  12. superpokes

superpokes Bison Rider

I would have done something like that, but I didn't want to make an entry because it means more time digging and less time doing silly things.

13. DragonSkin

DragonSkin Shipwright

I made my first one being just a 2x5 stone floor lol

14. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

my version of a cata bunker is when i glitch the cata into the stone something like this
    :blank::blank::blank::castle_wall::blank::blank::blank:
    :blank::blank::blank::castle_wall::blank::blank::blank:
    :castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :blank::blank::blank::up::blank::blank::blank:
    :blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank:
    :castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    it gets protected, but exactly i dont remember the real version i had

15. ComboBreaker

ComboBreaker Horde Gibber

Not very elegant but it's effective and does it's job properly.

I like simple solutions like these - it can be hard to make a bunker for a trench warfare under heavy fire,but this one is almost finished as soon as you dig 2 blocks down.

And yes,OP bunkers for the win!You thought skybridging back in the past was lame and dishonest?How about invincible catapult turning your troops into a bloody paste?

Edit :
    I've had second thoughts on this bunker.It seems that it can be easily fragged by a decent or a lucky knight - but thats the price for it's simplicity I guess.

16. CoD

CoD Haxor

More like invincible stone shotgun…

short_round likes this.
  17. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

the (imo) best way to add cata defense to your towers, is by making the cata room behind a doorladder.
    :castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::door:
    :castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::blank::blank::blank::ladder::door:
    :castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::blank::blank::blank::ladder::castle_wall:
    :blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::castle_wall::door:
    :blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::door:
    just put the cata in the hole, while keeping the door open. then you shoot.
    you can shoot a cata as long as you touch it, and this is pretty effective.
    especially if you keep the cata stuck on red power, and when someone ladders, blast his ladder to hell, along with the ladderer himself!
    keep the hole dark, though. you dont want enemies to see you. only open the door when you shoot.
    (its been a while since i made this, i dunno whats the best way to make the hole you put the cata in)

18. GloriousToast

mine is better
    just aim down and you while underneath it and the cata gets stuck in there screen-12-08-08-11-09-40.png

19. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

thats glitch abuse

20. GloriousToast

totally.. good thing i dont use catas in the battlefield ... much ...jk