1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Cave-ins?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vania, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Vania

Vania Guest

Would it be possible to add cave-ins, or is it too processor intensive?

Cause it would be nice if tunnels needed support from pillars or columns, or just castle background.

But its probably impossible to code right?

2. Doom6464

Doom6464 Guest

That would be pretty cool.

3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

It's not impossible to code it's just very CPU intensive. For now, just think of all the dirt being fairly solid and not slipping ;) We might add fluid simulation code later on which could be used for water, sand and mud - if you mined the side out of an underground cache of mud it'd flood your tunnel pretty quickly :)

4. Doom6464

Doom6464 Guest

That i would love to see on this game.

5. FinDude

FinDude KAG Guard Tester

Seems like waste of good physics to have such free support in caves.

6. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Yeah I agree with FinDude. It's kind of annoying not to be able to collapse buildings just because a ill use to be there. If you put some strategically placed bedrock I don't think anyone would be able to collapse the whole map, if that's an issue.

7. larslolxz

larslolxz Guest

bedrock can still be destroyed. with enough time and effort, a team of builders and knights can dig down and bomb the bedrock to oblivion and the builders destroying any dirt, stone or gold. so, with enough time, the entire map can be collapsed. i doubt people'll take the time tho.

8. FinDude

FinDude KAG Guard Tester

What if the current cave dirt could be dug out/damaged and even start out as such, revealing a further, parallax scrolling cave backdrop? Would not provide support for anything but dirt tiles.

9. Snoopicus

Snoopicus Guest

I liked the thought of cave in's too, though with the seemingly increased availability of rock, and the decrease in the knights ability to mine stone blocks, and with the addition of spikes, making tunnels difficult to traverse has become easier than before.

If you did cave-ins, I'd suggest requiring tunnels to use walls, and if the supports were removed, that area would just fill up with dirt, instead of dropping everything from above down on it.