1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

"Challenges" days 2-4

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Aug 27, 2013.

1. DevBlogger

DevBlogger KAG DevBlog Feed Bot

MM:
    We aimed to make a release Friday but unfortunately this is the nature of software development. I stumbled on some major road blocks, couldn’t release a test version until today. So only today did we have a chance to playtest a bit.
    There are 4 types of Challenges working. They use a pretty convenient map + config file format. They can be sorted pretty easily in campaigns, just by dropping them into a folder. I still need to make a GUI in the main menu to select the campaigns or individual missions.
    I split “Save the Princess” mode into 7 separate levels. Making it more fun and convenient to play in multiplayer. This should also make it easier for people with performance issues. I also made some significant lighting optimizations, so the next patch should be really good at addressing FPS issues.
    Last but not least we played a bit of TDM today with the following changes:
    • new archer grappling hook
    • a new archer “charged shot” aka Legolas shot
    • knight shield slide knock/stun
    • improved wall climbing and running
    We played for a couple minutes but I have to say I’m pretty stoked. The combat is MUCH more interesting for BOTH classes. I especially like the archer changes and the new trick movements you can do on walls and corners. These changes make KAG remind me more of Quake, which is pretty funny but cool.
    This is the last bit of summer here in Poland and I decided to take a break for the rest of the week. Pretty unusual because I don’t like taking breaks from what is - a dream job. I’m sure this will help me rest a bit and kick more ass in the upcoming weeks before releasing the game on Steam.
    See you next week. Geti should have CTF ready in the meantime. Have fun!
    MM

Original DevBlog post.

Atheon, NinjaCell, GreenRock and 5 others like this.
  2. Crafterfr33

Crafterfr33 Bison Rider

Wooohooo. Legolas shot?

3. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

You guys should take a longer break, it really helps to see things more clearly, and to take some distance from any project and look it from outside. And then, make the archer shoot longer!!!!

4. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Think shooting a bunch of arrows in quick succession. :spam:

Mercifully, because its a charged thing it doesn't actually promote arrow spam. Instead you get this nice sort of duck & cover, running firefight where archers are trying to time their 'windows of full charge' with opportunities to shoot and everyone not archer are trying to take advantage of the 'windows of not full charge'. Hilariously fun, even when you lose. :):D

NinjaCell and thebonesauce like this.
  5. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

It sounds wonderful. :migrant:

NinjaCell and Froghead48 like this.
  6. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Sounds like playing with a reflex bow as an Arabian/Mongolian/Native American War Archer...

Hopefully not as good as they do it in real life, you simply just don't try, and they still hit faster than Legolas.

7. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

While we'd love to step back for a while, we're under quite a bit of financial pressure to get the game into a releasable-on-steam state. We're making sure to have some days of just playing and not work weekends to avoid tunnel vision from just development, but oh for the luxury of time.. :^)

Takes like 3 seconds to charge at the moment, feels like too long if anything!

8. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

The updates sound amazing, can't wait to play the upcoming build. The game is really coming along.