1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Change vote kick for spamming

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Loominati, Sep 26, 2016.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Loominati

Loominati Shipwright

Instead of kicking someone for spamming it should be a vote mute. That's all.

2. SlayerSean

SlayerSean FYI: it's pronounced "seen"

They can still spam even when muted. They instead just spam [Player has been muted on this server] since that appears every few times they speak. Perhaps if a mute legitimately meant mute, I would like this idea, but right now I'd personally prefer to kick a spammer than have to deal with them spamming the muted message instead.

joshua12131415, mcrifel and PUNK123 like this.
  3. joshua12131415

joshua12131415 Bison Rider Tester

Instead, why not do this:
    If people vote kick someone for spamming:
    1. They get muted
    2. If they are already muted they get kicked.
    Vote kick cool down should be removed, muted players can not start votes.

4. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

You mean if they've already been muted that game/day they get kicked, right? They can't spam while muted ::P:

joshua12131415 likes this.
  5. joshua12131415

6. this is doable but i see some issues. if you find someone's mute-worthy you can just personally ignore him instead of imposing it on everyone on the server.

as for the [Player muted/ignored...] message spamming, it should have a longer cooldown. like 24h :P

7. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

Back on topic, i like the idea of muting instead of kicking, expecially because in the spam-vote both teams vote, and more people voting means more trouble.

Also I would like the tittle of the vote change from "spamming" to "chat spamming". That would make its function more clear.
    Many times I found players simply jerking around (like building and breaking things but not to fram coins; and buy useless but harmless items) and i thought since they was not technically "griefing" but spamming things, the "spamming" vote would be the indicate one, but nope. Everybody refuses because "he wasnt saying anything", and even the other team was in the vote too.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2016
  8. joshua12131415

people can also spam the suicide button and flood the kill feed (if that's what it's called)

BarsukEughen555 and norill like this.
  9. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Tightened up the thread and removed fluff. Words are for communication--use them well.

Eh, I don't think that's a great reason to kick someone, either way. Generally, you want to announce your reason as you start a vote, since most people aren't paying attention to the same thing as you.

I think there are other types of spam that people get annoyed at, such as spamming votes in TDM. I'm not sure that flooding the kill feed (as joshua mentioned) is intrusive in any way, but that exists.

In general , I don't find this suggested feature necessary, because as norill says--the ignore function exists. If the person really is such a bother that people would vote against them, maybe they do deserve to be kicked.

10. joshua12131415

Once i did it and i got kicked. It can be annoying when your near spawn and you see red fireworks exploding near the tent, but it can only be done during the building time because of the instant re spawn time.

11. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

It's intrusive for people with shitty pcs like mine, the extra corpses and constantly updating kill feed help to make fps crap out. It also gives one team an advantage, allowing them to use the corpses as places to hide, mine fodder, things to block doorways/traps, etc.

It's especially annoying in TDM matches where they can spam the command as much as they want when the match begins for at least 5 seconds, allowing them to get in about 20 corpses. Had my fps drop considerably because of it.

joshua12131415 likes this.
  12. Loominati

Loominati Shipwright

You do realise the corpse explode from hitting the suicide button right? Or are they dying some other way?

13. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

I'm talking about the !killme command, i'm not talking about the suicide button. !killme will leave a corpse.

[​IMG]

norill likes this.
  14. Loominati

Loominati Shipwright

Never even knew of that, and people using it like that are definitely trolls of some sort. I just use suicide button.

Mods: Rainbows