1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Changing resoltion!

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Worryed, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Worryed

Worryed Shipwright

I alredy try to go on: C:\KAG\Base\Scripts and change the autoconfig.gm, but I don't found where I need to change, my resolution is 1366x768, if anyone can help me, thank you. Sorry if I write something wrong, it's because I'm from Brazil. And, when the game gonna have more premium features? Thank you, bye.

2. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

Search for "global v_width" and make sure this line and the next one look like this:
    Code:
    global v_width = 1366; // Requires v_restart to take effect.
    global v_height = 768; // Requires v_restart to take effect.
    Don't forget to save the file.

3. Worryed

Worryed Shipwright

Thank you, but when I change the program to .txt, how can I change to .gm again? I don't know if this is possible on Windows 7.

4. illu

Ehm...you don't even need to change it to ".txt". Just open the Editor, go to "File" --> "Open", change the displayed files from "textfiles" to "All files" and open "autoconfig.gm". Make the changes and save it.
    But if you don't even know how to rename a simple file/folder then I think that's too difficult for you too. =/

You could also just change "autoconfig.gm" to "autoconfig.txt", make the edits, save it and then change it back to "autoconfig.gm"

Wait...how did you change it to ".txt" in first place? :huh?:

5. Worryed

Worryed Shipwright

I write autoconfig.gm to autoconfig.txt, I'm not dumb. Haha! But I can't change to .gm again, I alredy try to write autoconfig.gm, but don't do anything in the file type.

6. illu

Puh...do you have an English or a Brazil version of Windows? (Pls god, let's hope for English...)

7. Worryed

Worryed Shipwright

No, it's português BR, but I understand a lot of english. Maybe I can change with your instructions.

8. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

you might have file extensions hidden (as is the default in windows), try to hit alt, go to tools -> folder options -> uncheck "hide extensions for known types" and apply.

When you changed it from .gm to .txt, you swapped from an unknown to a known type, so windows hid the extension.

For the record, you didn't need to change the extension in the first place - you could just open the .gm with notepad or whatever and save the hassle :)

illu likes this.
  9. Worryed

Worryed Shipwright

Thank you, work. ;)

10. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Good to hear.