1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Chat.. why so solid?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ArtCrusader, Jun 16, 2011.

1. ArtCrusader

ArtCrusader Guest

I would like to be able to adjust the opacity of the chat window, because I can't aim well as an archer when this stupid chatbox is in my way.

Additionally, I can't use team chat, because I have no "Right Ctrl" on my keyboard (laptop). Make it changable in the options or I will eat your left eye.

2. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Just make there to be no chatbox at all, it's too big anyways.

3. JacKD

JacKD Guest

for the moment in my laptop i use Fn + Ctrl to make right ctrl, maybe it works for you too

4. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Code:
    global cc_channelkey = 161;
    Change global cc_channel key in ~\kag\base\scripts\autoconfig.gm to the line above. It will change your channel chat key to right shift.

EDIT: Tell me what key you'd like to use there. I'll tell you what to put there.
    EDIT2: I've added you on ICQ.

5. ArtCrusader

ArtCrusader Guest

I shall look into that. I have a FN button as well, so it should probably work :)

Damn you! You make me use it again! D:

6. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

More important: has it worked for you? Changing the key in settings? Also I'm asking you once again, to what key you'd like to change it?

7. Hyypallo

Hyypallo Guest

I agree with ArtCrusader. Also, I'd like to know is it currently possible to somehow move the chat window? It would be a lot better if it was on the top or bottom of the screen.

8. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

The thing I find the most annoying with the chat window is that it blocks the scoreboard and there is no way to turn it off! The chat bar should be turned off automatically when the scoreboard is up and put back on automatically when tab is let go.

9. Hyypallo

Hyypallo Guest

Or, the screen could be parted, so that a little partition of it shows chat window and the rest show scoreboard.