1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Chickens have gone from OP to useless

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Rocketlock, Nov 15, 2014.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Rocketlock

Rocketlock Shipwright

I'd like to see a middle ground where chickens aren't powerful enough to fly knights unchecked from one end of the map to the other, but aren't unusable.

Quite frankly, nobody (that I've seen) uses chickens anymore.
    -They disable your primary weapon
    -Only last for 5 seconds in flight
    -Can't be stashed in inventory

Even if they acted like fish, where instead of exploding at initial damage they became a consumable. Chickens are currently useless is transportation. Instead of cutting out after 5 seconds of flight, they should make the entire journey, but not as high up. Currently you loose about 1 block of height every 25 blocks you travel in flight with a chicken. If you lost double the height, it would still allow for scaling towers, but not for trampoline cannons that launch knights from one tent to the other.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
    Fuzzle likes this.
  2. Bint

Bint Haxor

Just use them with catas.

3. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

Unless something has changed while I was gone (and no new builds were released, so ...) you can still use your sword, but can't see you attack animations or charge animations (though other players can). And while archer's can't shoot while holding them ... grappling hooks. Why would an archer need a chicken?

But yeah, catas, catas, catas.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  4. Apron is correct you can still attack as knight when holding a chicken

5. Rocketlock

Rocketlock Shipwright

Oh. Didn't know that but regardless my other points stand.

6. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

If you leave 2 chicken near each other, they'll infrequently spawn a consumable item (that turns into another chicken if you leave it long enough).
    It's not useful on the front lines, but hey, free full heals.

Seriously though, chicken are still a great supplement to catapults.
    If chicken where much better for gliding they would get ridiculous when combined with catas. Period.
    My only objections are that you have to buy them as eggs and they prevent bow use.

Mods: Rainbows