1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Accepted "ChokePoint" by Geek

Discussion in 'TDM' started by Ni, Sep 30, 2019.

?

Add this map to the official mapcycle?

1. yes

50.0%
  2. yes minor changes

33.3%
  3. yes major changes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. no

16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ni

Ni Battle Angel Global Moderator Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Active Forum Users

Pineapple and super_gaming_geek like this.
  2. Yeti5000

Yeti5000 Drill Rusher Mapping Moderator

One thing that may or may not be a problem is the fact that the small one-way platform sections near each sides tent would be difficult to access by an archer. That may not be a bad thing because it could stop archers from perpetually fleeing. However i think this wouldn't make much sense to players and would just be disappointing.

A solution could be to move the bottom layer of platforms up. Bit busy rn, will continue later

super_gaming_geek and Ni like this.
  3. Ni

Ni Battle Angel Global Moderator Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Active Forum Users

^ Agreed, there's a few things I'd alter.
    Other than that I really like the map!

I might upload a version later.

Yeti5000 and super_gaming_geek like this.
  4. Yeti5000

Yeti5000 Drill Rusher Mapping Moderator

By simply outlining the primary and secondary pathways for the map and overlooking the alternate paths, the map is relatively simple.
    [​IMG]

It uses familiar motifs, for example this pit with a side area of spikes.
    [​IMG]

I can say that while playing as an archer, movement would be smooth and interesting.
    Also, this area that I mentioned above could be accessible by doing this as an archer, which could make a decent fake
    [​IMG]

Knight mobility looks nice throughout the map. Except the dirt outlined in pink is questionable, as it could hinder movement. However it could also...
    [​IMG]
    ...allow a knight to perch there and have an advantage over players attacking from above.
    Though, due to it being dirt, it is inherent that it can just be destroyed by a few slashes.
    [​IMG]

Includes some dangerously placed bushes allowing for mines :mine:
    [​IMG]

Maybe tone down the sloped terrain at this spot? Could be harsh for knights to jump up to the grassy flat area, especially when there is someone attacking you.
    Nonetheless it would encourage knights to stand back a ways and hold the top of the area, potentially giving them an advantage.
    [​IMG]

Overall great map ::)::thumbs_up:
    Changing vote to yes.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    Ni and Pineapple like this.
  5. Pineapple

Pineapple Arsonist Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. KAG Competitive League
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

well said, I 100% agree with everything you said there.

6. Ni

1. Active Forum Users

Accepted, will make some movement fixes.
    @super_gaming_geek I hope you're fine with that, hit me up otherwise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.