1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Choppin' up dead bodies!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Solomon-Grundy, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Solomon-Grundy

Solomon-Grundy Shopkeep Stealer

What happened with that?! Not only was hacking apart a corpse a satisfying way to further humiliate a downed foe, but it was also a viable strategy for wiping out a harvesting builder's supply... otherwise he can just come back and loot himself...

Is that one coming back in a future build?

2. SpitfireXero

SpitfireXero KAG Guard Tester

Noticed this too, hoping it'll be reimplemented.

3. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Yeah, me too.

4. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I want canabalism

5. Catakus

Catakus KAG Guard Tester

Yeah, I mean, we're already eating each others' hearts. Why not the arms and legs?

6. dwatring

dwatring KAG Guard Tester

Yummy.

7. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Yum-yum.

Also +1 for chopping up dead bodies again. No idea why it was removed.

8. SirSalami

SirSalami THD Team THD Team Administrator

It did cause the "problem" of arrows hitting corpses rather than the target...

9. Utahraptor

Utahraptor Guest

I miss it too.

10. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Yeah I think bodies blocking hits was annoying but making them explode was fun too.

11. Strathos

Strathos Guest

I think you are missing the point here.

Bodies mess up with doors, leaving them open.
    Bodies won't let you build on the spot they occupy.

[​IMG]

Until the "drag corpse" function is introduced, at least builders should be able to destroy bodies.

12. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Guest

Easy, just make arrows phase through corpses. It's not like archers want to waste arrows just to destroy a corpse anyway. If people want that option to still be available (to prevent players from re-gathering their loot), let archers slice up a body with their right click.

Yes, allow builders to hack up corpses like they used to be able to do.

As for the issue of corpses keeping doors open... I think this is a good thing. It will induce cleverness upon people carelessly hopping through doors with archers/enemies around. Along with that, allow people to destroy bodies again, that way corpses can still be dealt with. Just to cover the issue that may arise of; "but that means a builder might accidentally destroy a door", well, there's not much point to having multiple doors, which is the only scenario in which I can see that happening on accident.

On the issue of knights pushing corpses, I think this is entirely useless, when gibbing bodies serves the same purpose.

13. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

This'll probably come back again next build - we might add the ability to pick up and throw/drop bodies soon too, but it'll probably take longer than just switching it back.

14. Overlord

Overlord KAG Guard Tester

For now replace gibs with the pleasure of sniping ppl off skybridges and watching them fall to their death HAHAHAHa...

15. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Guest

Ahah! Makes me thing of Spelunky :D .

16. Quimbo

Quimbo Guest

But please please please a new key binding for it! Otherwise you can't ignite your bombs in front of dead bodies.
    Btw, the same applies to tent, so please a new key binding for changing class while at it.

My keyboard has so many keys, would be a shame to only use 6-7 of them!

17. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

When you revert back to this, please don't make the archer arrows to hit them too again.

18. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Spoilers: they probably will. Some folks like it, some don't. We'll see.

Picking up/dropping items might be done with S or E. Bombs will become an item at about the same point -> won't hopefully won't need another binding.

19. Strathos

Strathos Guest

I'm guessing knights will too be able to hit them, then? If so, please make it that it doesn't encumber melee with knights. It's very annoying when you stab a corpse instead of your opponent.