1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Clash of the Jedi Pack

Discussion in 'Texture Packs' started by Cortal, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Cortal

Cortal Catapult Fodder

Ok, so after browsing alot of skins, I saw an old jedi pack created by Im_a_turtle, that looked AMAZING! At the time I didnt understand the no skin per side deal, so I spent hours trying to get it working x.x After I read a bit and learned about the color changes, I decided to make a few changes to it (not much) And make a Jedi War pack.

I changed the color of the light saber to match the color swap's color pallet, so now the light sabers change to red, along with a part of the clothing under the robes. The rebels have emblems on their helmets, color spot on the gun, a belt buckle, and a backpack that changes with the team.

I am currently working on a builder, I am making R2 the builder :D Its looking pretty sweet now ^^

Im_a_Turtle, if you dont want me using your sprites, i completely understand and ill start from scratch (maybe even make sprites that change robe color :D (would require a change of the pallet file))

As found in Im_a_Turtle's post:
    EDIT: Ok, so I am back, and I have currently updated my rebel trooper, and guess what? GIBS! :D I will be working on the jedi soon, and I will be implimenting Dennis' builder, with his own special gibs :3 Though atm he will still bleed.... x.x Imagine it as futuristic red oil xD
    Rebel Troopers (Archers):
    Main:
    archerRebel.png
    Gibs:
    archer_gibs_redRebel.png archer_gibsRebel.png
    Arrow:
    arrowRebel.png
    Jedi (Knights):
    Main:
    knightJedi.png
    Gibs:
    knight_gibs_redJedi.png knight_gibsJedi.png

GloriousToast, AL3X_j_M, Bint and 9 others like this.
  2. Chinizz

Chinizz Arsonist

Love it ! :thumbs_up:
    Need a Sith Empire Pack also !

AL3X_j_M and Cortal like this.
  3. Cortal

Cortal Catapult Fodder

Gonna add that soon :D I have the sprites for it, just gotta make the stuff pallet swappable ^^ And ill make the clone troopers more like Republic Commando style, with cool emblems for color :D

SlyStalker likes this.
  4. Dennisaran

Dennisaran Shopkeep Stealer

Yay! Knew you'd get around to it. I am simply too lazy.

5. Chinizz

Chinizz Arsonist

And I love builder as droid !
    We need also a droid army, a Yuzan wong army, a Dark Sun army, a Chiss army, a... a... I should stop now.

Pixel art > Polygons

SlyStalker likes this.
  6. Cortal

Cortal Catapult Fodder

xD Droid would be fun to make too :D

7. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

ಠ_ಠ.jpg

Need me to update it for ya again bud? You can do whatever with it after i finish.

8. Clucky

Clucky Catapult Fodder

R2D2 builder please

The_Khan, Im_a_Turtle and Cadbury like this.
  9. Dennisaran

Since my friend Cortal is a bit busy right now, I took the liberty of trying to make a Astrodroid builder texture from scratch for him, since I know he has made little progress on it. I tried to meet the aesthetic of the pack as much as possible, but this is my first whack at this so you'll have to forgive me if it's a bit "meh."

[​IMG]

SlyStalker and superping like this.
  10. Cortal

Cortal Catapult Fodder

Thanks :D Its really good, and when I make my sprite, im sure to include some of the concepts you made :D I made mine a bit bigger, but yours has much better... animations? Is that the word? xD

EDIT: And turtle, yeah that would be great :D I just picked up on this to help out the people who might want this ^^ You are the original owner of the sprites, you have all rights to them ^^

11. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

Are they compatible with the new sprite sheets?

12. Dennisaran

Well I used it the day I made the Astromech sprite, so I'm fairly sure it's compatible. I could be misunderstanding your question though...

It was really entertaining to have those little droids running around though, building a base and whatnot. At one point we were swarmed by front-line builders and it looked very amusing to see the small droids in action, attacking people and being proactive. The only problem now is that they scream, bleed and turn into people when they explode.

13. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

What I mean is that the old sprite sheets (the ones that Cortal and you made) are strait down strips, in build 319 they're more rectangular.

14. Dennisaran

Are you talking about a new build that is coming out? Because in my KAG folder the sprites (such as builderMale, knightFemale, archerMale, etc.) are still in "strip" form, and work fine when replaced by the renamed sprites. Sorry if I keep misunderstanding your question.

15. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

He's talking about this
    skeleton.png

That's the new format i was waiting to be released but i got bored and started doing them again, that's why im here :D

16. Dennisaran

Oh! I see. Thanks for clearing that up for me. I suppose that's why texture pack making has slowed down. I'll have to put more effort into being informed. X3

17. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

That one sprite frame with the shield, for the Jedi. It needs fixing. Jedi have the force, they don't need shields.

18. Dennisaran

Ah, did one of the recent updates make it show up?

19. Cortal

Cortal Catapult Fodder

Sorry for the inactivity x.x Ill get to work converting my pack to the new format, and ill make some special gibbs for the r2 units :)
    </br>--- merged: Jun 5, 2012 5:35 PM ---</br>
    Alright, updated the sheets I had done myself, time to work on dennis' :D

20. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

Oh my, i need to add more action sprites for the jedi and add a builder class.