1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Classic Versus Release Version(NOT CALLED BETA)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Humblar_Tabulu, Feb 6, 2014.

?

Which is more challenging. Classic version or Release version?

1. Classic Version

39.4%
  2. Release Version (Beta)

60.6%
  1. Humblar_Tabulu

Humblar_Tabulu TURTLE Turtle turtle... Donator

So, I recently asked some leader of some clan to have a clan battle against us, not knowing he was part of a classic KAG clan. His name is White-Shadow.

He goes on to tell me that he doesn't play Release, only classic.

I said " Unfortunately, our clan doesn't play Classic, and we only play Release, and it sucks we can't have a match."

He goes on to say, and I quote "im sorry but if u want a clanwar we need to do dat in alpha...if u never played it ur not good at kag bye."

What a disrespectful lil mouth he has on him ffs...

I'm not saying I know the answer because I've never played Classic, but SHEESH!

So, it got me thinking...

What is harder, Classic, or Release?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  2. Sgnt_Sneeky-Pants

Sgnt_Sneeky-Pants Insanity Incarnate Donator

Hey fella, how do you know how big his mouth is? No need to belittle his physical form in public. :ehh:

Humblar_Tabulu likes this.
  3. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Harder? Difficulty all depends on the players you're up against, but... I'd say Release is harder. In Classic, bombjumping is really easy to pull off owing to held jumps, archers shoot straighter and faster, do more damage... all in all I'd say the skill curve in Classic is a lot smaller.

So yeah, I'm totally with you here:
    Also, the direct quote you supplied shows his terrible grammar, which makes me respect him even less. He's definitely not worth your time.

Froghead48 likes this.
  4. Humblar_Tabulu

I changed that line, because I didn't want to stoop to his level in name calling. BUT I WAS CAUGHT! People already quoted the line I edited lol o.O

5. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

just go try it, its not like you have to pay for classic too

it is definitely different tho

6. Humblar_Tabulu

Meh
    I've seen it played and it doesn't look to appealing to me. I :heart: me my release KAG. :heart::heart:

:wink::thumbs_up:

7. Sgnt_Sneeky-Pants

Seeing something played and playing something are not the same thing. No need to overuse the heart emote in public. :ehh:

8. Rayne

i will say that builder is a lot funner in classic, good builders can even take on knights in combat

Nabuco, Hawxx, LucasTT and 4 others like this.
  9. Sgnt_Sneeky-Pants

Now you're speaking MY language. (except for the part where it should say more fun instead of funner.) ::P:

10. Two things.

1. ITS " MORE FUN" NOT " FUNNER"
    2. Yes I completely agree, builders were more fun in alpha since they had a super high attack speed.

11. Rayne

offtopic posts deleted because arcrave is mad the movie

Vampire, NinjaCell, Solaris and 5 others like this.
  12. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

No, don't delete them, Rayray. ::(: This is way much alots funner than the original topic. :teabag:

(Also, why the hell would anyone pick Classic over Release? Only good reason I can come up with is if they had rocks in their head. :huh?:)

NinjaCell and kedram like this.
  13. epenow

epenow Oppressed banana cookie
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

Classic and release might as well be two different games.............

14. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Exactly. And I'm saying that anyone who picks Classic over Release needs to get their head checked by a geologist.

zerd and bout like this.
  15. bout

bout Shark Slayer

Yeah, release FTW.

16. epenow

epenow Oppressed banana cookie
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

What if someone likes classic play style more....

17. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

if you never played classic, you probably are bad tho, no doubt. Followed White-Shadow, liked all his posts, nominated him for best mod 2014.

emasame likes this.
  18. Boea

Boea Such Beta

I prefer b800 archers. (Fencing, yo)
    When it comes to classic that I like, it's Zombie Fortress, you can feel so powerful, and useful as a knight-builder-archer. (Even archers fenced back then, because the game was slower, the gross draw time is more allowable.)

Starsly likes this.
  19. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

building is so irritating and clunky in Release compared to classic. Slightest bit of corner in the way? BZZZZZT. Which is funny because you only notice it when you're building legitimately, not when you're spamming blocks, which it doesn't fix.
    But other than that, it's nice not to explode when you slash someone from above, or "kill yourself" with an arrow when you aren't even an archer.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  20. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Also, fall damage is massive in Classic. Getting around the map is more awkward as well.