1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Clay and Clay Uses

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Jepton, Jul 29, 2014.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Jepton

Jepton Shipwright

I've been toying around with this idea, and although KAG is wonderfully simplistic, I may as well suggest clay.
    The "Ore" would spawn near any natural water sources in maps, instead of dirt or stone. The mining sound would be very similar to dirt, so no new sounds would need to be added. Would take 3-4 damage to break. Each pick-axe swing would yield 4-7 chunks of clay.

The "Bricks" would appear as large bricks (8 "bricks" stacked to make a block). Would take 8-10 clay chunks to make bricks.Would take ~4 (Unsure at the moment) damage to break. Could be damaged by swords in this stage, and would be highly resistant to drills (Over-heating) and explosions. Destroying it while being a builder would grant 1-2 clay chunks for every swing.

The "Block" would be stage 2 in built clay. After being set on fire (:migrant:), the bricks would "burn" for a little, and then turn into a charred version of stage one, which would be stage two.

Stage two would make the block take 5 damage to break, and swords would have no effect on it. Clay blocks are fire-proof. Drills would overheat less while mining it, but explosions would be highly effective against clay blocks. Destroying clay blocks while being a builder would yield nothing.

The Backwall would be placed like any other block, and would cost 2-4 clay chunks. It'd take 4 damage to break them, and they'd be fireproof. No stage 2.

The Door would be in stage 2 automatically, takes 7 damage to break. 40 clay chunks.

Related Suggestions that are unnecessary.
    - Making fire-pots to function as fire bombs or satchels. ~10 clay chunks to make, along with a fire arrow. Crafted at builder shop.
    - Team platforms made of 30 clay chunks.
    - Team ladder/ladders. Takes 4-5 damage to break, instead of 2. 10-15 Clay chunks.
    - Clay lamps that are water-proof. 15 clay chunks, 5 wood.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  2. Malitha

Malitha Shipwright
    1. SIEGE Clan - SIEGE

We've already got stone and wood haven't we?, They seem to be somewhat of the pillars of building in KAG.
    Not sure that we need the "Bricks" stage of clay due to it sounding a lot like platforms, resistant to overheating and explosions but being able to be cut down by a sword.

And wait, There'd be 3 variations of this?
    The "Brick","Block" and "Wall"?
    oh and, don't bricks seem a bit too modern to be included in KAG?
    Also, This doesn't seem to be as simplistic as stone or wood which in turn, do not have stages.
    Water sources, not being abundant/abundant could lead to an unstable amount of clay depending on the map. Which would lead to it being used heavily or scarcely.
    Yeah, I know you said these are unnecessary but why would you use up clay which in terms to wood is far more precious, to build ladders and platforms which can be built easily by wood due to it being more abundant?

3. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

and we need diamond swords and armor which are really good unlike bad armor.

franek123 and Malitha like this.
  4. Malitha

Malitha Shipwright
    1. SIEGE Clan - SIEGE

Awh yiss minecraft moar pls :rekt:.
    We should also have iron armor granting agility to more "pr0" players.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  5. Jepton

Jepton Shipwright

Truthfully, I just fiddled around with the concept of a dynamic block. Having something fire-arrows could still help with (Allied drillers, for instance), but also hurt would be interesting. Clay bricks aren't that new, really. Not the 'red' modern ones, but dried mud and clay bricks have been in use for a while.

I don't expect any major things to be added in KAG, since it has all it needs, in my eyes. The simplicity of KAG is what makes it great, but I can't live with myself not to suggest these.

6. Malitha

Malitha Shipwright
    1. SIEGE Clan - SIEGE

In all honesty, keep the suggestions flowing; Its always good to have the community pump out some not-so-ridiculous ideas in order to keep the game flowing smoothly.

Mods: Rainbows