1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Clicking a player's name on scoreboard spectates them

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Noburu, Mar 8, 2015.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Thread title. If you click on a players name on the scoreboard while in spectator mode, it auto follows them like it does if you click on them in-game. Would make it a lot easier to find someone and spectate them on larger player count servers and maps. I talked to @makmoud98 and @Skinney about it, and they said it shouldnt be too hard to add. @Fuzzle can you do this? :D

2. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Fuzz can fix or destroy anything.

J-man2003 likes this.
  3. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Yeah it'd be good for admins too.

SirDangalang and zerd like this.
  4. Noburu

Yeah i forgot to specifically say that in my post but thats what I meant. More for helping admins quickly spectate some griefer or hacker and be able to take swift action. The quicker an admin can witness and confirm hacking/griefing, the quicker they can ban them and the less of a chance a whole map/game is ruined.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  5. Noburu

Hmm maybe we can work that out. Mak and skinney didnt seem too interested in actually doing it. I'll have a talk about it tonight with some others. More to come! Tagging @Geti so maybe he sees this and I dont have to stalk him.

6. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

@Geti give @Fuzzle a head of his choice, a cookie and some scripts. Would be fair IMO.

7. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Scoreboard isn't bound or done in scripts, one of the few things that isn't. Considering how much string-parsing stuff it does currently I'm not really convinced it'd be a great thing to expose, though I could provide a way to turn it off if someone was keen to re-implement it in scripts and move forward from there?

Noburu likes this.
  8. Noburu

Ill take what I can get. Too bad I cant even manage to program a hello world :P

9. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

I can take a look at it, but I won't promise anything: I would rather fix issues.

10. Noburu

Yeah thats probably more important. This was just a random idea I had.

11. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Put it on the list either way. Decided a script hook would probably be helpful too (onScoreboard, that functions like an onRender called at the right time)

Noburu likes this.
  12. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

Was anything ever done about this? Useful idea imo.

13. Geti

The scoreboard hooks are all there now, and there's an example scoreboard in TDM (with hover actions but no result from clicking names yet). Feel free to have a poke around in there.

14. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

I might be willing to write the code for this since I wrote a lot of the tdm scoreboard tweaks.

Geti, sangfroid, link6155 and 2 others like this.
  15. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

No reason to not have this...

bru-jaz likes this.
  16. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

indeed it would be sweet

J-man2003 likes this.
  17. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

I've implemented the clicking to auto follow, it'll be in the next build.

18. Noburu

I love you full homo!

Mods: Rainbows