1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Controller option messes up game.

Discussion in 'Help' started by Midnight_Blitz, Aug 12, 2013.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. Midnight_Blitz

Midnight_Blitz Catapult Fodder

Hello.
    I recently tried to setup the game with my Xbox 360 controller, since the game gave me the option to do so. There were only 1 1/2 working buttons. (The 1/2 because one of the four letter buttons didn't do it's job all the time.)

-Right stick moved the mouse
    -One of the four letter buttons clicked almost nothing.

That's it. I can't control with my keyboard anymore, and I'm flying blindly with my mouse. I've re-installed, repaired, nothing. It kept all of the configurations. Since it starts up in controller mode, even without the controller plugged in, I can't even log in to the game.

Is there a way to re-configure this outside of the game?

2. uninstall, delete all the files, download again

3. Midnight_Blitz

As said, I've tried this. Unless the beta and normal versions have linked configurations, I don't see what else there is to delete.

4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Delete the "Cache" folder and autoconfig.cfg in your KAG install and try again.
    Interesting/unfortunate that the controller option breaks so badly :/

5. Midnight_Blitz

Deleted every file I could find having to do with this game again, re-installed again, and it seemed to have worked. Huh. Now I need to figure out why this didn't work before...

My guess is, since the load was longer than last time, it didn't completely uninstall it the first go around, then it... I don't even want to stress thinking about it... it's fixed. Not going back to that option any time soon.

Thank you for the help. ^_^;

Geti likes this.
  6. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

No worries, hopefully we can make that option way less dangerous in future :^)

Midnight_Blitz likes this.
Mods: makmoud98, Mazey