1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Could not connect to authentication server

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Diceroll, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Diceroll

Diceroll Catapult Fodder

Hello there,

I've just reinstalled the game on my ubuntu box (64bit 11.10).
    everything seems to work just fine except i can't login.
    Here the error message : "Could not connect to authentication server. check your internet connection and try again"

And here the console output :
    Code:
    diceroll@spellbook:~/Applications/Jeux/kag_x$ ./rungame.sh 
    Running KAG
    mv: impossible d'évaluer «KAG.tmp»: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
    PID: 6862
    Starting in directory: /home/diceroll/Applications/Jeux/kag_x
    Changed directory to: /home/diceroll/Applications/Jeux/kag_x/
    Engine (build: 345 version: 0.95A)
    Creating video device...
    Irrlicht Engine version 1.8.0-alpha
    Linux 3.0.0-17-generic #30-Ubuntu SMP Thu Mar 8 20:45:39 UTC 2012 x86_64
    Using renderer: OpenGL 3.3.0
    GeForce 9800 GT/PCI/SSE2: NVIDIA Corporation
    OpenGL driver version is 1.2 or better.
    GLSL version: 3.3
    Loaded texture: /home/diceroll/Applications/Jeux/kag_x/Base/GUI/DarkMicroStone.png
    Loaded texture: /home/diceroll/Applications/Jeux/kag_x/Base/GUI/BorderStone.png
    Loaded texture: /home/diceroll/Applications/Jeux/kag_x/Base/GUI/MicroStone.png
    Loaded texture: /home/diceroll/Applications/Jeux/kag_x/Base/GUI/SimpleStone.png
    Loaded texture: /home/diceroll/Applications/Jeux/kag_x/Base/GUI/FramedStone.png
    Loaded texture: /home/diceroll/Applications/Jeux/kag_x/Base/GUI/MenuItems.png
    Loaded texture: /home/diceroll/Applications/Jeux/kag_x/Base/GUI/title.png
    Downloading http://twitter.com/statuses/user_timeline/kag_news.rss...

CURL Error: 6 0

Downloading checksums from http://kag2d.com/update/kag_x/App/version.txt

Downloading http://kag2d.com/update/kag_x/App/version.txt...

Error downloading checksum from http://kag2d.com/update/kag_x/App/version.txt (err:6)

Downloading checksums from http://kag.hostedd.com/kag_x/App/version.txt

Downloading http://kag.hostedd.com/kag_x/App/version.txt...

Error downloading checksum from http://kag.hostedd.com/kag_x/App/version.txt (err:6)

Using file 'Base/libJuxta.so'
    APP GameDLLInit

Game DLL initialized.
    Changing game working directory to '/home/diceroll/Applications/Jeux/kag_x/Base/'
    [11:31:42] Config loaded from 'Scripts/autoconfig.gm' 
    [11:31:42] * Config loaded from 'Scripts/config.gm' 
    [11:31:42] Loading security from Base/Scripts/securitysetup.cfg
    [11:31:42] Whitelist inactive.
    [11:31:42] Blacklist empty.
    [11:31:42] Creating video device...
    Irrlicht Engine version 1.8.0-alpha
    Linux 3.0.0-17-generic #30-Ubuntu SMP Thu Mar 8 20:45:39 UTC 2012 x86_64
    [11:31:42] Desktop resolution is 1920x1080
    [11:31:42] Checking driver support...
    [11:31:42] Initializing new video device...
    [11:31:42] Irrlicht Engine version 1.8.0-alpha
    [11:31:42] Linux 3.0.0-17-generic #30-Ubuntu SMP Thu Mar 8 20:45:39 UTC 2012 x86_64
    [11:31:43] Using renderer: OpenGL 3.3.0
    [11:31:43] GeForce 9800 GT/PCI/SSE2: NVIDIA Corporation
    [11:31:43] OpenGL driver version is 1.2 or better.
    [11:31:43] GLSL version: 3.3
    [11:31:43] The amount of upper corner pixels and the lower corner pixels is not equal, font file may be corrupted.
    [11:31:43] Loaded texture: /home/diceroll/Applications/Jeux/kag_x/Base/GUI/arrow_cursor.png
    [11:31:43] Loaded texture: /home/diceroll/Applications/Jeux/kag_x/Base/GUI/backtitle.png
    [11:31:43] Loaded texture: /home/diceroll/Applications/Jeux/kag_x/Base/GUI/title.png
    [11:31:43] Loaded texture: /home/diceroll/Applications/Jeux/kag_x/Base/GUI/Poster.png
    [11:31:43] Loaded texture: /home/diceroll/Applications/Jeux/kag_x/Base/GUI/minimap.png
    [11:31:43] Loaded texture: /home/diceroll/Applications/Jeux/kag_x/Base/GUI/hud_back.png
    [11:31:43] Loaded texture: /home/diceroll/Applications/Jeux/kag_x/Base/GUI/materials.png
    [11:31:43] Loaded texture: /home/diceroll/Applications/Jeux/kag_x/Base/GUI/paper_tiles.png
    [11:31:43] Loaded texture: /home/diceroll/Applications/Jeux/kag_x/Base/GUI/blockmenu.png
    [11:31:43] Loaded texture: /home/diceroll/Applications/Jeux/kag_x/Base/GUI/button.png
    [11:31:43] Loaded texture: /home/diceroll/Applications/Jeux/kag_x/Base/GUI/whitebutton.png
    irrKlang sound library version 1.3.0
    Using ALSA driver
    [11:31:43] Sound engine started
    Game version 346
    [11:31:43] Precaching files...
    Precaching files.
    [11:31:43] Loaded texture: /home/diceroll/Applications/Jeux/kag_x/Base/Entities/Actors/Sprites/Skeleton.png
    [11:31:44] Loaded texture: /home/diceroll/Applications/Jeux/kag_x/Base/Sprites/world.png
    No streaming was specified, but forcing to play sound streamed (See ISoundSource::setForcedStreamingThreshold): Sounds/Music/ambient_cavern.ogg
    No streaming was specified, but forcing to play sound streamed (See ISoundSource::setForcedStreamingThreshold): Sounds/Music/ambient_forrest.ogg
    No streaming was specified, but forcing to play sound streamed (See ISoundSource::setForcedStreamingThreshold): Sounds/Music/ambient_mountain.ogg
    No streaming was specified, but forcing to play sound streamed (See ISoundSource::setForcedStreamingThreshold): Sounds/Music/world_intro.ogg
    [11:31:46]  ...Precaching files.
    [11:31:46] Loading config defines Scripts/defines.cfg
    [11:31:46] Creating world from file ''
    [11:31:46] Loading names from Scripts/NameGen_OldEnglish.cfg...
    [11:31:46] *Match Ended*
    [11:31:46] Autostart: doing nothing 
    [11:31:46] Config loaded from autostart.gm 
    [11:31:49]  
    [11:31:49] *** RCON password is not set, you won't be able to remotely administrate the server 
    [11:31:49]        ********* WARNING ********* 
    [11:31:49] sv_allow_globals_mods is set to 1. This means GLOBAL GUARDS AND ADMINS can administer your server and kick players to help prevent griefing. If you do not accept this, please turn this variable to 0. 
    [11:31:49] Server variables can be changed in Base/Scripts/dedicated_autoconfig.gm (by default) 
    [11:32:00] C
    [11:32:00] Established connection to master server
    Saving precached files.
    THE END

What i've checked :
    - internet connection > ok
    - OS date and time > ok
    - ping api.kag2d.com > ok (but very slow)
    - https://api.kag2d.com/player/diceroll/myinfo >
    {"active": true, "username": "Diceroll", "banned": false, "role": 0, "gold": true}

Hope to find a solution.
    Thanks and have a nice day.

2. Skurcey

Skurcey Catapult Fodder

Did you put the read and write permissions on your folder right?

3. Diceroll

Diceroll Catapult Fodder

thanks for your reply.
    yes i have read and write permissions on the entire kag's folder
    </br>--- merged: Apr 7, 2012 8:37 PM ---</br>
    Finally it works.
    It wasn't kag fault in anyway... but a problem with my ISP and dns resolving.

If anyone encounter the same problem a Curl error 6 seems to mean a time out problem or dns problem.

Thanks and have fun.

4. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

hey diceroll,

Thanks for posting back with what you found out the problem was even though it wasn't within KAG.

Can you do me a favor and tell me what the IP address of your ISP's DNS server is? (either in your /etc/resolv.conf, but if that is 192.168.x.y then it'll be in your router's status page somewhere). If there's more than one, I'd appreciate all of the addresses - I just want to look at any problems that may be on the Internet between our DNS servers and theirs.

5. Diceroll

Diceroll Catapult Fodder

Hello,

No worries, here the two entry in my resolv.conf :

Code:
    nameserver 80.10.246.2
    nameserver 80.10.246.129

Have a nice day

6. FliesLikeABrick

Hey Diceroll,

Yep! DNS is definitely the problem, there is a connectivity issue between THD's servers and your ISP's DNS servers. You should call them and tell them.

You may have better luck with Google DNS (8.8.4.4/8.8.8.8)

7. FliesLikeABrick

To give a bit more information --

The entire Internet can't reach those IP addresses, which means you are very likely having DNS issues with many sites or should be.

ryan@wizard:~$ mtr --report 80.10.246.2
    HOST: wizard Loss% Snt Last Avg Best Wrst StDev
    1. 67.23.118.177 0.0% 10 1.1 16.4 1.0 153.4 48.1
    2. ??? 100.0 10 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0
    ryan@wizard:~$

You can see that from the THD/KAG servers, I only go one hop out into the Internet before my ISP's core routers don't have a way to reach your ISP's DNS servers. Unfortunately this is not a local issue on my end or yours, but a larger issue with how your ISP is routing that block of IP addresses.

This pseudo-analysis is making one assumption though, and that is that the DNS servers are using those same IP addresses to reach the Internet. Unfortunately there is no way to really know that without working with you in real-time. If you want to jump on IRC or IM me, I'd love to poke at/analyze this a bit more to ensure this is your problem.

In the meantime, you're best off using alternate DNS servers like Google DNS.

8. D0GGY

D0GGY Shipwright

I pretty much didn't read that code at all, sorry, but nobody would have. It happens to me in this just one server. My suggestions are:

Keep trying (lame)
    Ask an admin in a server/report it to the online admins in the wiki
    You have DNS issues with lots of sites, or should be.:)