1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Rejected "Court_of_Morigul" by Ferrezinhre

Discussion in 'CTF' started by Ferrezinhre, Sep 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ferrezinhre

Ferrezinhre Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

2. Magmus

Magmus Ballista Bolt Thrower Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

I really like this map. Mid is cool, resource spread is fine, flag / tent placement is good also. There is tons of small tunnels on the map but I think they would give a nice look / feel playing on it. Yes from me.

3. Biurza

Biurza E X T R A T H I C C Staff Alumni Donator
    1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

I really like the map's layout, I think it's rather original, however, there is a high risk that the map could be a frequent stalemate for a few reasons: towers that will be built, shall be connected with the cliff, therefore making them uncollapsible; bedrock placement and pits are preventing rats from digging through from the bottom; Caves that teams start in are essentially pre-built base defenses, so most of the resources by all the players shall be spent up front.

As much as I personally would like to try it out on officials, I'm afraid that it could be turned into two giant bases with little to no movement in the middle happening a bit too often. It's a no from me.

4. mehwaffle10

mehwaffle10 Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

I agree with biu on the dangers of tower wars, especially with the cliffs. I like the map and especially mid, but I feel that defensive play is too strong (regardless that it's too strong in general in KAG atm) and will draw out matches. I especially don't see reason for the 2nd flag nested in the dirt. No from me for now

5. Ferrezinhre

Right um so first thing, map have no trees at all, no tree farms, quarry have no fuel and before any of you says that players can drop mats it's pub matches, no one doing it. From front tower to cliff is around +- 27 blocks, biurza have right about cave but you can always block front of it and it become a cage. There is too much gold for sure.
    Court_of_Morigul (2).png

6. mehwaffle10

Thoughts on removing the back flag Ferre? I've always been a fan of one flag maps in general and the front one is somewhat exposed which is nice

7. Biurza

Biurza E X T R A T H I C C Staff Alumni Donator
    1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

You have a point there, however, build phase gives plenty of resources, as well as that there's enough stone to make the connection with the cliffs. Repairing such a base might be hard indeed, however, given that it can not be collapsed and lack of resources goes both ways, it doesn't make me change my mind that it will be a stalemate map pretty often.

8. Ferrezinhre

No waffle, both flags are exposed and close to red zone, okay apart that there is cliffs and theses terrible towers looming over, what else make it stalmate?
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 6, 2020, Original Post Date: Oct 20, 2020 ---
    Probably will be rejected.

9. mehwaffle10

The things that make it stalematey imo are the elevated flags, potential connection to the ceiling, and the extra backbone pillar on the flag platform. I think it'd be good to lower the flag platform, you could still have the tunnel underneath just have it connect to the void pit as an exit. Another possibility is to make it easier to attack from mid maybe with another floating island or something of the likes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.