1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

CPU in the lobby

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by toffie0, Apr 13, 2016.

Mods: 101i, Mazey
  1. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Hi everyone,

Ever felt alone? Ever needed someone to play basketball with? My idea is to have CPU's in the lobby. Only a couple, the amount could be randomly generated, or a set amount.

Basically the CPU's will do two things:
    - Walk around
    - Play basketball.

Walking around is simple. Although having a CPU walking around makes the lobby less lonely and in total perhaps decreasing the amount of players leaving upon seeing the lobby is empty.

Playing basketball as well as perhaps decreasing the rate of people leaving the lobby, also provides a play mate. The CPU doesn't need to be good, just someone to play with and have fun with while trying to get to the top of the leaderboard, or whatever your basketball dreams are.

If you wish to take it further:
    - The CPU randomly drinks beer or coffee near the bar or around. Possibly drink effects can be shown?
    - The CPU randomly smokes
    - The CPU randomly enters the cars if there is space for players, it will hop out of the car after a few seconds
    - The CPU has text that shows when pressing a button.
    - The CPU reacts to pets. (Eg. They are frightened by the crocodile / can be eaten by the crocodile)

This would add a more immersive and interactive environment and decrease the amount of players leaving once upon entering the lobby and seeing it's empty or a small amount are on.

Teodor1 and Vamist like this.
  2. Achillios

Achillios Pilgrim
    1. Gather Oceania

Maybe you can do some sort of target practice on the ai?

Teodor1 likes this.
  3. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

If you need target practice you are actually bad.

I like this idea, but more as NPC's who do one thing, for example sit at the bar and drink.

4. Achillios

Achillios Pilgrim
    1. Gather Oceania

I meant like training n' stuff....

Mods: 101i, Mazey