1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Crash when I'm trying to launch KAG.

Discussion in 'General Help' started by NanobotZ, Sep 19, 2011.

1. NanobotZ

NanobotZ Shipwright

Hi. I've got a HUGE problem, because KAG does not work (Engine has stopped working). It was working earlier (1-2 times), but in last three days I can't make it run. I was trying almost everything, reinstalling KAG and microsoft visual c++ 2008 redistributable, updating graphic drivers and DirectX, but KAG is still dead. I was reading everything in "Help!" forum, but nothing helps. :(
    I've got Windows XP SP3, please, help me.

pid.txt
    Code:
    log from console(blah).txt
    Code:
    [] Config loaded from 'Scripts/autoconfig.gm'
    [] Variable m_generator has NULL type
    [] Config loaded from 'Scripts/config.gm'
    [0] Variable v_showminimap has NULL type
    [0] Variable v_postprocess has NULL type
    [0] Variable v_fastrender has NULL type
    [0] Variable v_drawhud has NULL type
    [0] Variable g_smallhud has NULL type
    [0] Creating video device...
    app.txt
    Code:
    Engine (build: 154 version: 0.90A)
    Loading library...
    Using file 'Base/Juxta.dll'
    Library loaded...
    APP GameDLLInit

Game DLL initialized.
    Changing game working directory to 'C:/Documents and Settings/SysOp/Pulpit/KAG/Base/'
    autostart.gm http://www.mediafire.com/?l179oicl5p7cqcd
    config.gm http://www.mediafire.com/?62p3ahvhcqkrovz
    autoconfig.gm http://www.mediafire.com/?rjeejd9tu2dq1ou

PS. Sorry for my engilsh, I'm form Poland :)

2. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

- Pls post the content of the "system.txt"-file inside the "logs"-folder.
    - For further help we need to know more about your system (your graphics card especially). So download Speccy and post your system profile.

NanobotZ likes this.
  3. NanobotZ

NanobotZ Shipwright

I have not file named "system.txt" inside "logs" folder... Only app.txt, pid.txt and console(blah).txt
    Here you are info about my system: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/HDztSKHYzYEUgDj1iv56z0v

EDIT: I've downloaded older version "123", installed then changing "autoupdate.cfg" file to random letters inside and that was working :D. But I can't play with other players without having newest version.
    "137" version works without updating too.

4. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

• Replace your "autoconfig.gm"-file with this one and try it again. (Of course download the newest build again and us it there.)
    • Close and shutdown "ESET NOD32 Antivirus" and try starting the game.
    • Close the following processes and try starting the game:
      - aqq.exe
      - fsusbexservice.exe
      - hamachi-2-ui.exe
      - hamachi-2.exe
      - starwindserviceae.exe
      - tsvncache.exe
    • Update your audio drivers.
    • You're using the very same old low-end graphics card as some other users which also reported the crashing of the game just at the startup and after the line "Creating video device...". All of them are missing the "System.txt"-file too so it seems like it crashes even before the creation of that file. I guess that something went wrong for older graphics cards after build 137. Pls download build 142, do your changing of the "autoupdate.cfg"-file and try if it works. Same for build 151, so we can find out the regression.

NanobotZ likes this.
  5. NanobotZ

NanobotZ Shipwright

I've updated audio drivers, restarted PC, closed Antivirus and processes that you typed, changed "autoconfig.gm" and "142", "151" and newest version still don't work. Older than "142" versions work for me ("137" etc.).
    BTW. "pid.txt" has changed to "3192" but I don't know it's important.

6. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Show me a print screen of the black console window from latest version 154.

7. MM

8. NanobotZ

NanobotZ Shipwright

After replacing Irrlicht.dll it's still don't work, but text at console have changed:
    [​IMG]
    Just like "addon" I will put there my latest "console(blah).txt":
    Code:

9. MM

NanobotZ likes this.
  10. NanobotZ

NanobotZ Shipwright

Oh, this time KAG works!!! Thank you very much!
    You want console output, I have only console(blah).txt, because loading goes so fast and I can't make screenshot, so I'm putting latest console.txt:
    Code:
    [0] Desktop resolution is 1024x768
    [0] Checking driver support...
    [0] Initializing new video device...
    [0] Irrlicht Engine version 1.7.2
    [0] Microsoft Windows XP Professional Dodatek Service Pack 3 (Build 2600)
    [0] Using renderer: OpenGL 2.1.8545
    [0] ATI Radeon 9600/9550/X1050 Series: ATI Technologies Inc.
    [0] OpenGL driver version is 1.2 or better.
    [0] GLSL version: 1.2
    [0] The amount of upper corner pixels and the lower corner pixels is not equal, font file may be corrupted.
    [0] Loaded texture: C:/Documents and Settings/SysOp/Pulpit/KAG/Base/GUI/arrow_cursor.png
    [0] Loaded texture: C:/Documents and Settings/SysOp/Pulpit/KAG/Base/GUI/title.png
    [0] Loaded texture: C:/Documents and Settings/SysOp/Pulpit/KAG/Base/GUI/minimap.png
    [0] Loaded texture: C:/Documents and Settings/SysOp/Pulpit/KAG/Base/GUI/hud_back.png
    [0] Loaded texture: C:/Documents and Settings/SysOp/Pulpit/KAG/Base/GUI/materials.png
    [0] Loaded texture: C:/Documents and Settings/SysOp/Pulpit/KAG/Base/GUI/paper_tiles.png
    [0] Loaded texture: C:/Documents and Settings/SysOp/Pulpit/KAG/Base/GUI/blockmenu.png
    [0] Loaded texture: C:/Documents and Settings/SysOp/Pulpit/KAG/Base/GUI/button.png
    [0] Loaded texture: C:/Documents and Settings/SysOp/Pulpit/KAG/Base/GUI/whitebutton.png
    [0] Joystick support is enabled and 0 joystick(s) are present.
    [0] Sound engine started
    [0]  Precaching files...
    [0] Loaded texture: C:/Documents and Settings/SysOp/Pulpit/KAG/Base/GUI/archer_cursor.png
    [0] Loaded texture: C:/Documents and Settings/SysOp/Pulpit/KAG/Base/GUI/arrowdown.png
    [0] Loaded texture: C:/Documents and Settings/SysOp/Pulpit/KAG/Base/GUI/builder_cursor.png
    [0] Loaded texture: C:/Documents and Settings/SysOp/Pulpit/KAG/Base/GUI/emblem1.png
    [0] Loaded texture: C:/Documents and Settings/SysOp/Pulpit/KAG/Base/GUI/emblem2.png
    [0] Loaded texture: C:/Documents and Settings/SysOp/Pulpit/KAG/Base/GUI/heart.png
    [0] Loaded texture: C:/Documents and Settings/SysOp/Pulpit/KAG/Base/GUI/knight_cursor.png
    [0] Loaded texture: C:/Documents and Settings/SysOp/Pulpit/KAG/Base/GUI/progress.png
    [0] Loaded texture: C:/Documents and Settings/SysOp/Pulpit/KAG/Base/GUI/progress_bar.png
    [0] Loaded texture: C:/Documents and Settings/SysOp/Pulpit/KAG/Base/Sprites/Back/BackgroundCastle.png
    [0] Loaded texture: C:/Documents and Settings/SysOp/Pulpit/KAG/Base/Sprites/Back/BackgroundIsland.png
    [0] Loaded texture: C:/Documents and Settings/SysOp/Pulpit/KAG/Base/Sprites/Back/BackgroundPlains.png
    [0] Loaded texture: C:/Documents and Settings/SysOp/Pulpit/KAG/Base/Sprites/Back/BackgroundTrees.png
    [0] Loaded texture: C:/Documents and Settings/SysOp/Pulpit/KAG/Base/Sprites/Back/cloud1.png
    [0] Loaded texture: C:/Documents and Settings/SysOp/Pulpit/KAG/Base/Sprites/Back/cloud2.png
    [0] Loaded texture: C:/Documents and Settings/SysOp/Pulpit/KAG/Base/Sprites/Back/cloud3.png
    [0] Loaded texture: C:/Documents and Settings/SysOp/Pulpit/KAG/Base/Sprites/Back/cloud4.png
    [0] Loaded texture: C:/Documents and Settings/SysOp/Pulpit/KAG/Base/Sprites/bubble.png
    [0] Loaded texture: C:/Documents and Settings/SysOp/Pulpit/KAG/Base/Sprites/drilltile.png
    [0] Loaded texture: C:/Documents and Settings/SysOp/Pulpit/KAG/Base/Sprites/goldspark.png
    [0] Loaded texture: C:/Documents and Settings/SysOp/Pulpit/KAG/Base/Sprites/knight1.png
    [0] Loaded texture: C:/Documents and Settings/SysOp/Pulpit/KAG/Base/Sprites/knight2.png
    [0] Loaded texture: C:/Documents and Settings/SysOp/Pulpit/KAG/Base/Sprites/pixel.png
    [0] Loaded texture: C:/Documents and Settings/SysOp/Pulpit/KAG/Base/Sprites/tent1.png
    [0] Loaded texture: C:/Documents and Settings/SysOp/Pulpit/KAG/Base/Sprites/tent2.png
    [0] Loaded texture: C:/Documents and Settings/SysOp/Pulpit/KAG/Base/Sprites/Trees/pine.png
    [0] Loaded texture: C:/Documents and Settings/SysOp/Pulpit/KAG/Base/Sprites/twigs.png
    [0] Loaded texture: C:/Documents and Settings/SysOp/Pulpit/KAG/Base/Sprites/world.png
    [0]  ...Precaching files.
    [0] Loading config defines Scripts/defines.cfg
    [0] Creating world from file ''
    [0] *Match Ended*
    [0] Autostart: doing nothing
    [0] Config loaded from autostart.gm
    [0] Resizing window (1024 751)
    [6] Loaded texture: C:/Documents and Settings/SysOp/Pulpit/KAG/Base/GUI/DarkMicroStone.png
    [6] Loaded texture: C:/Documents and Settings/SysOp/Pulpit/KAG/Base/GUI/BorderStone.png
    [6] Loaded texture: C:/Documents and Settings/SysOp/Pulpit/KAG/Base/GUI/MicroStone.png
    [6] Loaded texture: C:/Documents and Settings/SysOp/Pulpit/KAG/Base/GUI/SimpleStone.png
    [6] Loaded texture: C:/Documents and Settings/SysOp/Pulpit/KAG/Base/GUI/FramedStone.png
    [6] Could not load sprite bank because the file does not exist: servers bank
    [6] Loaded texture: C:/Documents and Settings/SysOp/Pulpit/KAG/Base/GUI/server_icons.png
    Thank you, really thanks!