1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Crashing

Discussion in 'General Help' started by FlyingGroundhog, Feb 14, 2012.

1. FlyingGroundhog

FlyingGroundhog Shopkeep Stealer

It's weird because I have a high spec computer, and I never had this problem on my old computer.

What happens sometimes is while I am playing the game freezes and I hear this weird buzzing sound, and I can't alt+tab out of the game or anything so then I have to restart my computer. This has happened like 5 times at least.

Also I have a weird glitch where my hat (I have premium) doesn't show up and I just get the standard head piece of that class, it's kind of annoying.

Another weird thing is that often I can't find a person's profile on the forums, like for example I know there is user called Elreana but it doesn't exist on the forums.

EDIT: ANOTHER crash. :/

EDIT: What the heck? Another crash. This is getting terrible.

EDIT: Yay another crash. I can't play this until it's fixed.

2. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Crash: Have you tried reinstalling the game? Sometimes that seems to work

Game-Heads: Your head will not appear when you first enter a server, it will however appear upon your first respawn. It's a known bug

Forum User: When some people make their accounts, they like to have themselves hidden, so it's possible that's why you can't find them.

3. FlyingGroundhog

Oh ok. That bug must be happening to me. I'll reinstall the game see if it helps, thanks Kou!!! :-D

4. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

No problem ^-^

5. FlyingGroundhog

Actually I reinstalled it after the update and it still freezes sometimes. :(

6. Kouji

That last patch was a hot fix for some networking issues, but it seems to have cause lower framerates for some people. I'll randomly go from the standard 30 frames all the way down 2-15 frames and at worst a crash.

7. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

It sounds like the OP's problem is due to their computer itself locking up - this is most commonly a problem with video or sound card drivers. Especially if you have a very new/modern video card, I highly recommend you check with your computer or video card manufacturer if there are new video drivers out. Updated video drivers solves most of these problems.

If updating your video drivers don't help, try updating your sound card and chipset drivers (supplied by your computer manufacturer (dell/asus/etc), or by the sound card and motherboard manufacturers if you built it yourself)