1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Creating a Gold Server with Night/Lanterns

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by Kurtino, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Kurtino

Kurtino Shipwright

Has anyone got a tutorial or guide to turn a normal dedicated server into one with all of the extra buildings, Kegs, day and night cycles and lanterns? Maybe a ready made cfg file? Any help would be appreciated.

2. trelawney

trelawney KAG Guard Tester

Not a tutorial per se, but a few good preset workshops and such @ https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/day-night-ctf.4680/ . Lanterns come from workshops.

Day/Night cycle is a matter of adding the following variables to Base/Rules/CTF/gamemode.cfg (assuming CTF is the mode you wish to edit):

Code:
    daycycle_speed = 6           # 1 day = (daycycle_speed) minutes; / 0 no cycle
    daycycle_start = 0.33        # 0.0 midnight; 0.5 - midday; 1.0 midnight

Rayne likes this.
  3. Kurtino

Kurtino Shipwright

Ah was looking for a while at that thread until I noticed I needed to download the .rar, thanks for your help!
    So I edd the two variables as new lines in the gamemode.cfg, and I do what the readme says in that file.

Will this pack give me the workshops as soon as I extract them? I'll have a read of the readme a little longer.

4. Machinista

Machinista Shopkeep Stealer

The Mechanics and Demolition shops etc are not in the default CTF_Room.cfg. You'll need to extract what you want from Zombie_Room.cfg (see /Base/Entities/Rooms/).

Alternatively, copy Zombie_Room.cfg to CTF_Room.cfg (keep the old CTF_Room.cfg as a backup) and edit the new CTF_Room.cfg as needed e.g: edit cost of workshops/items and remove the shops and items you don't want in CTF.

trelawney likes this.